These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are soft-baked, have a chewy center, and baked in a delicious buttery flavored cookie.
Soft and Chewy Cookies
These white chocolate macadamia nut cookies have the best of both worlds. They’re soft and chewy on the inside and have wonderfully crispy edges.
Freezing Cookie Dough
Yes! You can freeze this cookie dough and bake these delicious cookies later!! It’s easy to do- Roll the dough into a log. (The same fashion that you would purchase refrigerated cookie dough roll found in supermarkets.)
Wrap dough tightly with plastic wrap and then place them into freezer safe bags. The bags add extra protection from freezer burn. Frozen cookie dough lasts for 3 months in the freezer when properly wrapped and stored.
Simply thaw these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies out for a few minutes before slicing and baking in the oven. Add one to two minutes of baking time when baking from frozen.
Macadamia Nut Cookies
Macadamia nuts have a rich buttery texture and when once baked in the the creaminess of the nut really shines through in the cookie.
By chopping the macadamia nuts coarsely and not leaving them halved or whole, they disperse throughout the cookie more evenly.
There’s a good reason that these macadamia nut cookies are a classic; the flavor pairing is perfect. The white chocolate is sweet and the macadamia nut is buttery, together in a cookie it’s a delicious combination of flavors!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Chocolate Chip Cookies (DoubleTree Copycat)
These cookies are perfect to add to a cookie platter during the holidays. Some other cookies that make a beautiful and flavorful cookie platter are these Soft & Chewy Gingersnap Cookies .
Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic and these chewy chocolate chip chunk cookies are not just for the holidays, they’re perfect whenever you’re craving a sweet treat.
A holiday classic, these Snickerdoodle Cookies bring all of the traditional and warm flavors of a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I use salted)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (roughly 4 oz.)
- Cream together the softened butter, shortening, brown sugar, and the granulated sugar.
- Beat in the egg until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl. combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Fold in the chopped white chocolate bar and the white hocolate chips
- Fold in the macadamia nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are light brown.
- Move to a cooling rack after a few minutes and allow the cookies to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.
When freezing the cookie dough, roll into a tube (like the refrigerated variety) and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Add 1-2 minutes when baking from frozen to the baking time.
Also can be frozen by rolling into 1 inch balls before placing in the freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.