This Olive Garden favorite is made using the Instant Pot. The familiar flavors of this favorite dish are duplicated in this Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi Soup.
This famous restaurant favorite is easy to make at home and makes enough for the family!
Olive Garden Copycat
Every time I go to Olive Garden the Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is my ultimate choice. In fact, I could just order this soup and skip the entree because I think it's that good!
This recipe has all of the familiar flavors of the original recipe and it makes about 6 servings!
Related: Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Rotisserie Chicken Makes the Difference
Using juicy and flavorful rotisserie chicken really makes this soup stand out. A helpful tip I have is to make sure to use a rotisserie chicken that is packed full of flavor and has well-balanced spices.
It really makes all the difference in how this soup comes out.
Related: Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Prepping all of these ingredients ahead of time will save time and frustration when making this recipe. The Instant Pot heats up fast on the saute setting so it's really ideal to have everything ready to go.
This recipe uses two settings: Saute and Soup settings. It really is that easy! This recipe takes only about 30 minutes and your family will have an Olive Garden favorite made with love and served at home.
Ingredients in Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- White onion
- Chicken Broth
- Gnocchi - you can use gluten free gnocchi as well
- Flour - you can substitute with cornstarch to make this soup gluten free
- Half & half
- Rotisserie chicken
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
Prepare the veggies- Dice, chop, and julienne all ingredients ahead of time.
Saute- Add the olive oil and the butter. Stir in the chopped garlic, carrot, onion, and celery.
Stir in the broth- Stir in the 4 cups of chicken broth and saute for a few minutes.
Add the chicken and thyme- Stir in the chopped rotisserie chicken and sprinkle in the thyme, salt, and pepper.
Pressure cook - Close the lid and the vent and pressure cook on the soup setting for 15 minutes. You can also pressure cook on the MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE setting.
Naturally release pressure - Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure by hand. *Refer to your pressure cooker's manual for how to safely perform this function.
Saute- Remove the lid and set the Instant Pot back to saute and add in the gnocchi, half & half, and the spinach.
Make a slurry of water and flour and add it to the pot. Saute for 4-5 minutes and stir frequently.
Make Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Gluten Free
Substitute the flour for a ¼ cornstarch with a few tablespoons of water. Also, gnocchi contains flour but there are gluten free options for gnocchi that you can purchase.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES:
- Instant Pot White Cheddar Jack Mac N Cheese
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup
Love Copycat Recipes? Check out these!
- Sweet Fire Chicken - Panda Express Copycat
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Instant Pot Potato Soup (Copycat Outback Steakhouse)
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat)
- Blueberry Banana Bread (The Old Mill Copycat)
- 50+ Top Copycat Recipes
On June 15, 2021, the photos for this recipe have been updated but the recipe has not been altered.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz gnocchi
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
To Cook on Soup Setting
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped into mini pieces
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Dice, chop, and julienne all ingredients ahead of time.
- Set Instant Pot on Saute setting and add olive oil and butter.
- Add in garlic, carrot, onion, and celery.
- Stir in 4 cups of chicken broth, stirring frequently.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in rotisserie chicken and thyme.
- Flavor mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set Instant Pot to soup setting and set timer for 15 minutes.
- Allow Instant pot to naturally release for about 5 minutes and then quick release.
- Return to Saute and add in gnocchi, Half & Half, spinach, and flour.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Garnish with mozzarella cheese and serve with breadsticks or garlic bread.
The rotisserie chicken that you choose will change flavors within this recipe so make sure it's good quality and flavorful rotisserie chicken that you use!
Refer to your pressure cooker's manual for how to safely operate your pressure cooker's functions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1130mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.