Classic snickerdoodle cookies made with simple ingredients and rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
These cookies are crisp around the edges and soft and chewy on the inside.
Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies
These cookies are made using a classic recipe. I make my snickerdoodles with additional cinnamon in cookie dough and not just the cookie coating. That way, the warm and comforting flavor of cinnamon is throughout the cookie and not just on top!
These cookies are incredibly easy to make and the kids really enjoying helping out by rolling them into sugar!
When biting into a cookie, it’s important to get the flavors upfront and not wonder what flavors your tastebuds should be receiving.
This cookie dough has cinnamon blended into the dough to create a subtle cinnamon flavor throughout the entire cookie. Just as the traditional snickerdoodle, this cookie is rolled into a cinnamon and sugar mixture before baking.
After they are done baking, I like to sprinkle just a tad bit more across the top of my cookies to add even more flavor.
RELATED: Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Cupcakes
Snickerdoodle Cookies Make Great Gifts
These cookies are so easy to make and this recipe easily makes 3 dozen cookies! It’s fairly simple to get uniform-looking cookies by pinching off an inch of dough and roll it into a ball.
Roll the ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place it on the baking sheet. I use silicone mats for easy baking and they’re nonstick!
Once they are out of the oven, I take the back of a spoon and lightly press down on the tops. It gives them a rustic characteristic and flattens them out a bit – they’re quite plump!
As I said before, I do sprinkle a tad bit more cinnamon-sugar mixture on top of them while they are cooling on the wire cooling rack.
Classic snickerdoodles rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. These cookies are crisp around the edges and soft and chewy on the inside.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and the shortening. Beat together well.
- Beat in the sugar and eggs until creamy and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Beat the dry mixture into the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 3 tsp of ground cinnamon and the 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Pinch and roll the dough into 1-inch pieces and roll into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. The cookies will need to be baked in batches.
- Place the rolled cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 9 minutes. The edges should be brown and the centers should be soft.
- Remove from the oven and use the back of a spoon to press down lightly on the tops of the cookies.
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Top with additional cinnamon-sugar mixture if desired.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: