Made with hot cocoa mix, these Hot Cocoa Cookies are rich in chocolate flavor and filled with gooey marshmallow deliciousness. They’re a perfect cookie to gift during the Christmas season because they taste delicious and look so appetizing!
Mini Marshmallows in the Cookies
In this recipe, it calls for mini marshmallows to be folded into the chocolate cookie mix. I like to add mini marshmallows on top of the cookies after they come out of the oven.
It makes them a little gooier and makes the cookie look even more delicious. I do the same thing with the chocolate chunks and the cookies come out looking great!
TIP: To reduce the chance of marshmallows sticking to your cookie sheet and melting, make sure that the marshmallows are not directly touching the cookie sheet. Wrap the chocolate mix around the marshmallows to prevent spills and burning.
Delicious Hot Cocoa Cookies
These cookies taste absolutely wonderful dipped in milk! You can even warm these cookies up in the microwave if you want your cookie to be gooier.
Just don’t overdo it – even 3-5 seconds at a time is enough to warm your marshmallows and melt your chocolate.
- 1 cup butter, softened, 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 packets of hot cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Combine flour, baking soda, hot cocoa, and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Slowly add dry mixture into butter mixture until blended well. Be careful to not overmix.
- Fold chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows into cookie mix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER COOKIE RECIPES