This Monster Cookies recipe has been handed down to many generations in my family. It was a favorite in my childhood during the Holidays and now a favorite of my own children as well.
This cookie is easy to make and delicious to eat and makes a large batch so you will have plenty to share.
This recipe has no flour making it really easy to make gluten-free! It also contains oats that are naturally gluten-free. If there are gluten-free restrictions, check the label on the oats to make sure they are made in a gluten-free facility.
There are also some great gluten-free options for chocolate chips out there. Most chocolate candies are gluten-free as well, just check the packaging before purchasing.
Easy to make Monster Cookies
This recipe is simple to make and it’s even great for beginner bakers. This cookie batter comes together in a matter of minutes without a whole lot of work.
To make these cookies even easier to make, I use silicone mats for non-stick and easy cleanup. One of my favorite tools when making cookies is my cookie scoop. It makes perfectly sized cookies and they are come out the same!
This recipe comes together very easily with very simple ingredients.
These are incredibly easy to mix, you don’t need a mixer. I use one because it’s quicker but it’s not necessary. You can do it by spoon or by hand. If you do make this recipe by hand -the trick is to make wide swipes in the bowl to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
You simply sprinkle and stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s so you don’t over mix and break the pieces.
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups oatmeal, *
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 11.5 oz bag chocolate chips, *
- 11 oz bag M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine softened butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs in mixing bowl and beat until creamy. I use my Kitchenaid Mixer.
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda in large bowl
- Mix on low.
- Slowly add dry mixture to mixing bowl and stir on low.
- Adding a little at a time, mix in chocolate chips.
- Mix in M&M's.
- Scoop cookie mixture onto ungreased cookie sheets. I use a cookie scoop to get the same size cookies.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, let cool.
*To make these cookies gluten-free, choose gluten-free options for the oats and the chocolate chips.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9.6gSaturated Fat: 4.6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 24.1gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 16.7gProtein: 3.9g