These Surprise Inside Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes are made with a vanilla cupcake base and filled with strawberry crunch crumbles and frosted with cream cheese buttercream then garnished with strawberry crunch crumbles.
Strawberry Crunch Crumbles
One of my favorite ice cream bars is the Strawberry Shortcake bars with the strawberry and vanilla crumbles. I don't eat them very often but when I do it reminds me of my childhood and running outdoors to catch the ice cream truck coming down the street.
It's incredibly simple to make your very own strawberry crumbles to put on your desserts! There are just a few ingredients to make delicious combo.
For the strawberry crumbles you will need:
- Strawberry gelatin mix
For the vanilla crumbles you will need:
- vanilla pudding mix
Really! It's that simple!
Making the Strawberry Crunch
To make this delicious combo you will need to use a fork to break down softened butter into the flour and strawberry gelatin mixture. This will create bits and crumbles. You then do the same with the vanilla pudding mix. Afterward, it gets baked (it makes it safe to eat!) and set aside to cool. Once you are ready to fill your cupcakes, you will use a fork to break the crumbles back into small pieces because they will clump when in the oven.
Surprise Inside Cupcakes
Surprise inside cupcakes are so fun to make and they're really fun to eat! Inside these moist and fluffy vanilla cupcakes are tasty homemade strawberry crumbles that also are the garnishing for these cupcakes!
I use a round piping tip to cut out holes in the center of the cupcakes and then filled with centers to the top with the crumble mixture.
Frosting the Cupcakes
These cupcakes are frosting with a creamy cream cheese buttercream frosting. Use as little milk as possible for this recipe because if you want to frost your cupcakes then you'll want it to be stiffer so it will hold its shape!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ⅔ cup flour, sifted
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoon milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork and combine 4 tablespoon of softened butter with the vanilla pudding powder and ½ cup of flour. Blend until it is crumbly.
- Spread the vanilla mixture evenly on the baking pan.
- Clean out the bowl and repeat the steps using 4 tablespoon of softened butter with the strawberry gelatin powder and ½ cup of flour. Blend until it is crumbly.
- Spread the strawberry mixture on the vanilla crumbles and mix until it is well blended.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes - stirring every 3-4 minutes to prevent the tops from burning or browning.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to let cool.
- Line muffin tins with 16 cupcake liners.
- Start by adding sifted flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Blend well.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar until well combined.
- Slowly beat in the egg whites.
- Beat in the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. Do not overbeat.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined and blended. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Bake in the oven for about 14-16 minutes. Check the center of a cupcake for doneness.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before removing centers of the cupcakes and filling with strawberry crumbles.
To make Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar until it is all mixed into the cream cheese.
- Add in the vanilla and blend.
- Add in 2 -3 tablespoon of milk or as needed to create the desired consistency for frosting. To pipe the cupcakes, you will need a stiffer frosting to hold shape.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes (Cream Filled)
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.