Skillet Cheesy Beef Tacos are made in just one skillet and they're easy to make with only 8 ingredients. Using common pantry ingredients, this meal is not only quick to make but easy to make with what's on hand.
Skillet meals are my go-to's when I'm running short on time or just don't feel like dirtying a lot of dishes. These skillet cheesy beef tacos only dirty one skillet and uses pantry ingredients such as taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with chilies, and black beans.
It's really easy to make this easy skillet meal and it starts off just as if you were preparing the ground beef for taco night.
RELATED: White Chicken Enchiladas
Making A Cheesy Beef Taco Skillet
Beef is browned in an oven-safe or cast iron skillet and drained. Once the beef is drained, the taco seasoning (you can make your own if you wish!) is added and prepared according to directions on the package.
The can of diced tomatoes with green chilies are then stirred into the mix as well as the black beans. Half of the cheeses are stirred into the mixture and then the skillet is allowed to simmer for about 5 minutes.
The shredded cheeses are then sprinkled on top of the taco mixture and then placed in the oven on the broiling setting for about 3-5 minutes. Just until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
RELATED: Sausage & Peppers Mac and Cheese
Serving A Taco Skillet Meal
When serving this meal, I prefer to slice flour tortillas and serve them the skillet.
You can also use tortilla chips, or corn chips. These cheesy beef tacos can also be served with any tortillas or chips at all!
For a little something extra, serve this skillet meal with sliced green onions, sour cream, or even some salsa.
Ingredients in Skillet Cheesy Beef Tacos
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning -either packet or 2 tablespoons of homemade
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Black beans
- Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- green onions, for garnish
- Brown and drain the ground beef in an oven-safe skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning packet and add the recommeded amount of water.
- Stir to combine and add the diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Stir in the black beans.
- Add in half of the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Allow the skillet to simmer for 5 minutes before topping with remaining cheese.
- Set the oven to BROIL and place the oven-safe skillet into the oven for about 3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and become bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with sliced tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 10.6gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 21.8gFiber: 4.5gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 33.9g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.