This Instant Pot Creamy Beef Tortellini is comfort in a bowl. It’s creamy, cheesy, and full of cheese-filled pasta goodness. This Instant Pot recipe is great for busy weeknights and comes together and is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes.
Homemade Hamburger Helper
This recipe is much like hamburger helper but much better! This recipe is just as easy to make at home as the prepackaged mixes but it tastes much better!
Cheese tortellini adds more flavor and texture to this pasta dish and it’s incredibly easy to make in the Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot recipe is not only kid-friendly but it’s also ready to eat in less than 30 minutes and so so good!
What’s in Instant Pot Creamy Beef Tortellini
- Ground beef
- Garlic cloves
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried oregano
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Beef broth
- Heavy cream
- Shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Beef Tortellini in the Instant Pot
It’s easy to make Instant Pot Creamy Beef Tortellini in an electric pressure cooker and it’s quick, too!
Saute the ground beef – Saute the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the diced onion and the minced garlic and crumble the beef. Drain any grease and deglaze the pot. Once this is done, press cancel.
TIP: A garlic press is an easy way to mince fresh garlic.
Season the beef – Sprinkle the seasonings onto the ground beef.
Add the pasta – Add the frozen cheese tortellini to the pot evenly. Adding frozen tortellini is ideal because adding fresh pasta or even dried will change the pressure cooking time.
Add the liquid – Pour the beef broth on top of the tortellini, making sure the tortellini is submerged completely. Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 2 minutes on the MANUAL/HIGH-PRESSURE setting.
RELATED: Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
Quick Control Release – Release the pressure manually by performing a quick release. Do this step intermittently to prevent steam from spewing from the valve. Keep faces away from the vent as the steam escapes.
*Refer to your pressure cookers manual for how to safely perform its functions.
Saute – Set the pot to Saute, and add the heavy cream and the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the beef tortellini becomes creamy. Press cancel to stop sauteing.
Garnish and serve – Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with additional cheese.
Can You Reheat Creamy Tortellini?
Yes, you can! Since pasta absorbs liquid as it cools, to reheat this Instant Pot Creamy Beef Tortellini and still have a delicious creamy sauce, it’s a good idea to add a splash of heavy cream or milk before reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave.
As it reheats, you can add a little milk or cream as needed to achieve the same creaminess that the pasta had when it was freshly made.
Tips for Making Tortellini in the Instant Pot
Use frozen tortellini – Using frozen tortellini slows down how quickly the pasta will cook and it won’t be mushy.
Submerge the pasta – One of the biggest complaints about pasta in a pressure cooker is that the pasta isn’t evenly cooked or is crunchy. Layer the tortellini pasta evenly and make sure that the pasta is submerged completely before pressure cooking.
Don’t overcook – All pasta cooks quickly in the Instant Pot. A good rule of thumb when pressure cooking pasta is to take the time it takes on the pasta and then divide it in half. Take the number you came up with and then subtract one minute.
Quick control release – When pressure cooking pasta, release the pressure from the pot right after the timer goes off. Carefully and safely release the pressure by intermittently releasing the pressure by turning the pressure release knob on top of the pressure cooker.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Set the pressure cooker to saute and brown the ground beef.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and cook with the beef.
- Crumble the beef and then drain any grease and deglaze the pot.
- Press cancel to turn off the saute function.
- Sprinkle the seasonings onto the ground beef and top with the frozen cheese tortellini in an even layer.
- Pour the beef broth on top of the tortellini, making sure the tortellini is submerged completely.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 2 minutes on the MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE setting.
- Release the pressure manually by performing a quick release. Do this step intermittently to prevent steam from spewing from the valve.
- Set the pot to Saute, and add the heavy cream and the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the beef tortellini becomes creamy. Press cancel to stop sauteing.
- Serve with fresh parsley and additional cheese.
Always refer to your pressure cooker's manual for how to safely perform its functions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 659Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 1043mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.