This Instant Pot Mudslide Cheesecake is a creamy and smooth boozy cheesecake topped with a homemade whipped cream made with Irish Cream.
This cheesecake is made with ingredients found in most cheesecakes with the addition of Irish Cream and Vodka.
Cream cheese and sour cream pair up in this cheesecake to make it smooth and creamy, making this a great cocktail-inspired dessert.
How to Blind Bake Crust
I prefer to blind bake my cheesecake crust because it makes for a firmer crust than not blind baking. If you don't care about the "crunch" in your cheesecake crust, you can opt for placing it in the freezer to chill before adding the cheesecake filling.
Blind baking simply means combining the crust ingredients and placing them in the springform pan and baking it in the oven without the cheesecake filling.
There's no extra time added to blind bake a crust as the ingredients for the cheesecake filling can be made while the crust is in the oven.
RELATED: Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
I cut a circle of parchment paper out and place it on the bottom of the cheesecake pan before adding the crust. This helps when removing the cheesecake from the pan once chilled. Once the cheesecake is separated from the pan, gently peel away the parchment paper.
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
Making Instant Pot Mudslide Cheesecake is incredibly easy and the key to making a successful cheesecake is to use room temperature ingredients. This allows the ingredients to blend together without a lot of effort and it helps prevent overbeating the ingredients.
Start with room temperature ingredients- The first step to make this Instant Pot Mudslide Cheesecake or any cheesecake for that matter is to use set the ingredients out on the counter to come to room temperature.
Melt the chocolate- The dark chocolate will need to be melted using either the microwave method or using a double boiler. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and allow it to cool before adding it to the cheesecake mixture.
I prefer to use a food processor to make my cheesecakes because you can use small pulses to combine the ingredients without overmixing.
Beat the ingredients together- The cream cheese is blended to a smooth creamy consistency and the granulated sugar is added to the cream cheese.
Once those ingredients are blended together, the Irish cream, vodka, vanilla extract, and sour cream are blended in.
Next, the melted dark chocolate is added in as well as the cornstarch. Cornstarch helps prevent cheesecakes from cracking and helps firm up the cheesecake.
Lastly, the eggs are added one at a time and using small pulses until just combined. If the eggs are beaten too much the cheesecake will have large puffy areas and will come out lumpy.
This is easy to prevent, especially when using room-temperature eggs.
I lightly grease the sides of the springform pan before I spoon the Instant Pot Mudslide Cheesecake filling into the pan.
This next step is not necessary but I prefer to add aluminum foil around the top of my cheesecake to keep as much condensation as I can from forming on top of my cheesecake.
A silicone sling comes in handy to lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot and for ease of removal. If you don't have a silicone sling, you can easily make one out of aluminum foil.
Pressure cook the cheesecake- To pressure cook the cheesecake, add the water to the inner liner of the Instant Pot and lower the mudslide cheesecake fitted with the sling down into the inner liner. Close the lid and pressure cook for 46 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE using the MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK setting.
Naturally release pressure- Allow the Instant Pot undisturbed for 18 minutes before removing the lid and cheesecake from the inner liner.
Allow the Instant Pot Cheesecake to cool- Remove the aluminum foil from the top of the cheesecake and dab a paper towel to soak up any condensation that may be sitting on top of the cheesecake.
Allow the cheesecake to cool for 10 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 24 hours.
Serve- Once the cheesecake has chilled for at least 24 hours, decorate, slice, and serve.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Whipped cream goes so well with this Instant Pot Mudslide Cheesecake recipe and what is better than regular whipped cream is the addition of Irish Cream in whipped cream.
To make homemade whipped cream, simply beat heavy cream in a chilled bowl along with granulated sugar. Once peaks begin to form in the whipped cream, it is time to add the flavoring of choice. Beat until stiff peaks form and transfer to a piping bag if desired.
If using whipped cream to pipe, it will fall unless it has gelatin added to it to stabilize the ingredients. One half of a teaspoon of unflavored gelatin dissolved in two tablespoons of hot water is enough to stabilize this whipped cream recipe. Just be sure to add the gelatin at the end of mixing the whipped cream ingredients and after the gelatin has cooled.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
Can You Freeze Cheesecake?
Yes, you can! Pre-slice the cheesecake and wrap it tightly before placing it in the freezer.
TIP: Slice cheesecake immediately after removing it from the refrigerator for easy cutting. A knife heated in hot water and wiped clean before slicing makes cutting cold cheesecake easy.
Cheesecake can be frozen for up to 1 month for maximum freshness.
Different Size Cheesecakes and Cheesecake Pans
The number of ingredients (for the 7″) will make a slightly shorter cheesecake but it will still taste the same.
If you are making the cheesecake in the 8-inch pan, you will have to adjust the time by at least 5 minutes.
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoon Vodka
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup water (for Instant Pot)
Chocolate Cheesecake Crust
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Irish Cream Whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoon Irish Cream
- ½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin + 2 tablespoon hot water
Chocolate Cheesecake Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Finely crush the chocolate sandwich cookies including cream filling.
- Melt the butter and combine well with the crushed cookies.
- Line the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper if desired. (Or lightly grease)
- Lightly grease the sides of the springform pan.
- Add the crushed cookie mixture to the springform and press the mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
Mudslide Cheesecake Filling
- Melt the dark chocolate bar (3.5oz) using the microwave or double boiler.
- Allow the chocolate to cool before adding to the mixture.
- Starting with room temperature ingredients, add the cream cheese to a food processor.
- Blend the cream cheese and add the granulated sugar.
- Blend in the Irish Cream, Vodka, vanilla extract, cool and melted dark chocolate, sour cream, and cornstarch.
- Add the eggs one at a time performing quick pulses after each addition. DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- Transfer the filling to the cheesecake crust.
- Tap the pan on the countertop to release any air pockets that may be in the batter.
- If desired, loosely cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
Pressure Cooking the Cheesecake
- Add one cup of water into the inner liner.
- Lower the sling into the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 46 minutes.
- Allow the pot to completely naturally release (about 18 minutes) Naturally release means to leave the pot sit after the timer is up. The pressure will release on its own. The pin will drop once the pressure is released.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and remove the foil.
- Use a paper towel to dab any condensation that has collected on the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for 10 minutes before transferring it to the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is filled, remove it from the pan, serve as is, or garnish it with topping.
Irish Cream Whipped Cream
- If using the unflavored gelatin to stabilize the whipped cream: Heat 2 tablespoon of water until hot and add the ½ teaspoon of unflavored gelatin and allow it to dissolve.
- Beat the heavy cream and granulated sugar.
- Once peaks begin to form add the Irish Cream and beat until peaks begin to form.
- At this point, add in the cooled gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
- Pipe as desired on cheesecake.
Overbeating the ingredients will create a lumpy cheesecake. The trick to a successful cheesecake is to not overbeat the ingredients but instead to combine until just blended.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 651Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 8g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.