Homemade restaurant style red salsa is not only quick to make with fresh ingredients but it’s also easy! This salsa is perfect as a dip or as a topping!
Quick and Easy Salsa
This red salsa is so quick and easy to put together. With just a few ingredients, it comes together in seconds and no chopping required!
By using a food processor for this recipe, you achieve the smooth results of the red salsa served in restaurants. The ease of using a food processor is undeniable! There isn’t any reason to finely dice all of the ingredients – that takes time!
Adding it all to the bowl and pulsing for just a few seconds creates a beautiful red salsa that’s perfect for dipping. This restaurant style red salsa is also great as a garnishment on Mexican food.
Homemade Red Salsa
Making homemade red salsa at home is a great way to make enough to feed a crowd! This recipe easily will feed 16 people and it’s great for parties and gatherings.
RELATED: Pico de Gallo
Ways to Eat Red Salsa
Red Salsa is delicious to eat with tortilla chips but it’s also tasty when used in recipes.
Adding this salsa to my Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas is a great way to make these quesadillas extra fresh! This recipe uses pico de gallo but it can easily be swapped out for this red salsa!
Making a layered dip with this restaurant style red salsa is a great option if you’re not in the mood for bottled salsa. It makes a great addition to dips! Try my Black Bean & Cojita Cheese Dip and swap out the bottled salsa for this red salsa recipe.
Need different dip ideas: Check out this Easy Cowboy Caviar.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 15 oz San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
- 3-4 jalapenos, seeded
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Slice the tomatoes in half and add to a food processor bowl.
- Slice the red onion in half and add it to the bowl.
- Slice and seed the jalapenos and add them in as well.
- Add in the cloves of garlic.
- Close the lid and use the pulse setting for just a few seconds. Just until there are small chunks of vegetables.
- Remove the lid and add in the cilantro, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and salt.
- Replace the lid and blend for just a few seconds.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*This recipe uses a food processor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 0.3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 0.9g