These Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are dry-rubbed with a sweet and savory blend of spices and smothered in a delicious cherry barbecue sauce.
Ribs are perfect for Father’s Day, Memorial Day, or any summertime BBQ or cookout.
These ribs are made in the Instant Pot and finished in the oven to create a crispier texture on the outside and a bubbly barbecue sauce.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Ingredients for these cherry bbq baby back ribs are easy to find and even easier to use. The barbecue ingredients create a delicious tangy flavor with hints of cherries.
- 1-2 rack of baby back ribs (meatier ribs will need 5 minutes longer cook time)
- Bbq sauce (use your favorite – I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Cherry Preserves
- Dijon mustard
- Cherry Soda (Pepsi or Coke work great)
- Brown sugar
- Ground black pepper
- Dry mustard
- Garlic powder
RELATED: Instant Pot Beef Back Ribs
How To Make Instant Pot Ribs
Once you have the technique down to make ribs in the Instant Pot, it’s easy and quick to do. This method creates tender and delicious fall off the bone ribs.
Prepare the ribs: Prepare the baby back ribs by removing the membrane from the ribs. To do this, use a knife and start at one end of the ribs. Slide the knife under the membrane to break it loose from the meat.
Use a paper towel (this is a great trick for gripping the membrane because it is slippery) and lift the membrane back and away from the ribs. Discard the membrane and dry rub the membrane-stripped ribs with the dry rub seasonings.
Prepare the dry rub: Combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Rub the spice mixture into ribs generously with your hands, making sure to rub the seasonings well into the ribs.
Prepare the Instant Pot: Add one cup of cherry soda (Coke or Pepsi works great!) to the inner liner of the Instant Pot. Add the trivet into the Instant Pot to keep the ribs out of the liquid.
Pressure cook the baby back ribs: Coil the baby back ribs and place them on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Pressure cook the baby back ribs on high pressure (manual) for 25 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before releasing any pressure and removing the lid.
Check your pressure cooker’s manual for how to safely operate it’s functions.
Prepare the cherry barbecue sauce: Mix together cherry preserves and your favorite barbecue sauce together with the Dijon mustard until well blended. Set the oven to broil.
Once the ribs are out of the pressure cooker, carefully transfer them to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and baste the Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs generously with the barbecue sauce.
Place the baby back ribs under the broiler for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
RELATED: Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 1 -2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 cup cherry soda (Pepsi or Coke are great options)
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Remove the membrane from the baby back ribs and discard the membrane.
- In a bowl, combine the black pepper, dry mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, ground ginger, and salt.
- Generously rub the mixture into the ribs, covering well.
- Add the 1 cup of cherry soda to the inner liner and place the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Coil up the baby back ribs and place them into the inner liner.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and close.
- Set the timer to 25 minutes (30 minutes for meatier ribs) on High Pressure/Manual.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Combine the cherry preserves, bbq sauce, and Dijon mustard together. Set aside.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Carefully and gently transfer the ribs to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Generously coat the ribs with the cherry barbecue sauce and place the ribs under the broiler for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Always refer to your pressure cooker’s manual for how to safely use its features.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1222mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 25g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.