These made from scratch raspberry cheesecake chocolate brownies have a cheesecake layer and are topped with fresh raspberries.
Preparing the Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
When I make brownies, I use parchment paper to line the pan. I find that it’s a no-fail way of making sure that the brownies don’t stick to the bottom of the pan when trying to remove them. It’s simple to remove the liner from the pan and then cut the brownies into bars once it has been removed from the pan.
For this recipe, I use an 8×8 dish. You can use a 9×9, however, the layers will come out thinner than using an 8×8.
TIP: If using a 9×9 dish, decrease the baking time by 5 minutes.
Related: Chewy Fudge Brownies
Creamy Cheesecake Layer
The trick to getting a creamy cheesecake layer is to work with room temperature ingredients. This allows the ingredients to beat together easy and smooth and prevents tiny bits of cream cheese throughout your cream cheese layer. I find that laying the cream cheese and the egg out while prepping the pan and preparing the brownie layer is sufficient time to allow the ingredients to warm up.
Fresh Raspberry Topping
Once the cheesecake layer is in the pan, it’s time to wash and pat dry the raspberries. I use a 6 oz. container to when making these brownies and I find that’s more than enough. You can use less or more depending on your preference! Gently lay the raspberries on top of the cheesecake layer and then bake in the oven for at about 50 minutes.
Slicing Into Bars
Once the bars have chilled in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, you can remove the pan and slice the brownies into bars. I sliced these brownies into 16 squares but you can cut them into smaller pieces if you wish. It’s best to store these brownie bars in the refrigerator because of the cheesecake layer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tbsp instant coffee
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, room temp
- 6 oz raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease or line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat a medium saucepan over low heat and melt together the chocolate baking squares, butter, and the unsweetened cocoa.
- Stir in the instant coffee granules and stir until everything is melted and is smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs gently, one at a time, making sure that each is blended.
- Pour into greased or lined pan, spreading evenly.
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add in cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and the lemon juice until it is smooth.
- Gently beat in the room temp egg and spread carefully and evenly on the brownie layer.
- Wash and pat dry the raspberries and gently lay them on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely before placing the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You May Also Like: