These cherry chocolate chip cookies are made using maraschino cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. These cookies are a Valentine’s Day perfect treat.
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies have a tasty spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie by adding chopped maraschino cherries.
This tasty addition makes these cookies a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
The maraschino cherries can be substituted for dried cherries. The rest of the ingredients and baking time will remain the same.
Ingredients in Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Unsalted butter – softened is best and easier to work with
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – room temperature
- Baking Powder
- All-purpose flour – spooned & leveled
- Semi-Chocolate Chips
- Maraschino cherries
Accessories Needed to Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hand mixer
- Parchment Paper– parchment paper or silicone mats are perfect for this cookie. This cookie has maraschino cookies that may stick to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Cookie Scoop – a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop is ideal
- Cookie Sheets
- Mixing Bowl
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Easy No Chill M&M Candies Cookies
How To Make These Valentine’s Day Cookies
These cookies are quite easy to make but they do require chill time so that they don’t spread too much while baking.
To make these cookies, beat softened butter until creamy. Once the butter is beaten well, the brown sugar and the granulated sugar are added and beaten until mixed well.
Vanilla extract and the eggs are added next and the ingredients are beaten until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Once it has been mixed together, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
Once the dough is made, the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the chopped maraschino cherries are added into the mix.
Cover and allow the cookie dough to chill for an hour before baking.
Once ready to bake, scoop the cookie dough into 1.5tbsp or use a #40 cookie scoop.
If desired, press extra chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries into the dough before baking.
The cookies will take between 13-16 minutes bake time. The time does vary depending on oven.
Once the cookies have a golden brown color to the edges and bottoms, remove them from the oven and allow the cookies to sit for 5 minutes before removing transferring them to a cooling rack. These cherry chocolate chip cookies will continue to bake while cooling.
Once baked, allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
RELATED: Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies
Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas
In addition to these cherry chocolate chip cookies for Valentine’s Day, here are some delicious and tasty valentine’s day dessert ideas.
If you have a peanut butter lover in your life, these easy to make Heart Peanut Butter Cookies dipped in chocolate are a delicious treat to make!
Snickerdoodles are a winter favorite cookie and these snickerdoodle cookies are all dressed up for Valentine’s Day.
A milkshake is a sweet and tasty treat to serve for Valentine’s Day. This Strawberry Ice Cream Milkshake will do the trick!
If cupcakes are more your thing, these Brownie Cupcakes have a delicious chocolate frosting and are perfect for chocolate lovers.
Pretty in pink, these two pink cupcakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day. Pink Champagne Cupcakes are made with some bubbly pink champagne in both the cupcake and the frosting.
If you loved one loves red velvet then they will really enjoy these pink velvet cupcakes. These cupcakes are as delicious as their counterparts but all dressed up for Valentine’s Day.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cherry chocolate chip cookies are made using maraschino cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. These cookies are a Valentine's Day perfect treat.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Add in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the eggs and beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until combine.
- Mix in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the chopped maraschino cherries. (reserve some for tops of cookies if desired)
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop the cookies out into 1/5 tablespoons (I use a cookie scoop for this).
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Press extra chips and cherries into the tops of the cookies if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-16 minutes.
- Check the bottom for a golden brown color before removing them from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Chilling dough helps the cookies from spreading. This is a very soft dough that will spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.