These Mini Loaf Cherry Cakes are made in mini loaf pans with fresh pitted cherries and are drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. Directions for the oven & Instant Pot Vortex!
Mini Loaf Baking
Whenever converting a recipe to mini loaf pans it's important to reduce the temperature by 25% as well as reduce the cooking time of the loaves. It also makes a difference when using ceramic, light-colored, or dark-colored pans.
All of these factors change the baking time so it's a good idea to keep an eye on your cakes!
Great for Gifts
One thing I really love about making mini loaf cakes is that they make great gifts! During the Fall and Winter months when baking tends to take center stage, making mini loaves is a great way to share some love and an inexpensive and thoughtful gift.
When giving a mini loaf as a gift, I like to use disposable mini loaf pans. It's a carefree way of giving a gift and no guesswork if you'll receive your pan back!
You can dress the loaf pans up with gift wrap and ribbon to give it an even more personal touch.
RELATED: Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Light and Moist Cake
It's important to not overbeat your cake mixture if you want a light and airy cake. Overbeating leads the cake to be dense and dry, leaving it less desirable.
In this recipe, the eggs get beaten one at a time and the dry mixture gets beaten into the wet mixture slowly.
When adding the pitted and chopped cherries, I use a spoon to gently fold them into the mixture. Once that part is done, I carefully divide the batter into 4 mini loaves. The end result is a moist, fluffy, and delicious cherry cake!
Instant Pot Vortex Directions
To make these Mini Loaf Cherry Cakes you will need to these accessories and settings:
- Vortex Racks
- Bake Setting
- Temperature set to 300°
- Time Setting set to 20 minutes.
Check the loaf pans toward the end and adjust the temperature if necessary. Mine cook perfectly at 20 minutes. Depending on the mini loaf pans you use, the baking times will vary.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, + 2 TBSP
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, mix together the 1 cup + 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened butter and the softened cream cheese.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat.
- Mix in the granulated sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture into the wet mixture and then slowly stir in the chopped cherries.
- Pour the batter evenly into 4 greased and floured mini loaf pans.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check the center of the loaves with a toothpick to check if they are done.
- Allow the mini loaves to cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, mix together the confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and milk until it is creamy.
- Drizzle over the cooled cakes and serve.
Instant Pot Vortex Plus Directions
- Prepare the mini loaves as directed above.
- Set the Vortex Plus to BAKE, 300° and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Check the center of the loaves with a toothpick, if needed bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Allow the loaves to cool completely before glazing.
Serving Size:1 Mini Loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 732Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 1gSugar: 93gProtein: 7g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Peach Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- Blueberry Banana Bread (Old Mill Copycat)
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken (Instant Pot Vortex)
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.