This air fryer popcorn chicken is moist and juicy on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside. This recipe is made in the Instant Pot Vortex using the Rotisserie Basket but can also be made in any air fryer!
Crispy Popcorn Chicken
Popcorn chicken can be addictive and delicious but it can be made healthier than a deep-fried or pan-fried version! The air fryer makes it easy to make this moist and juicy popcorn with little fuss!
The popcorn is soaked in buttermilk and then coated in cornstarch. Once it is coated in the cornstarch it is dipped in egg wash and rolled in the flour mixture with the spices. It is then added to the rotisserie basket (I use the Instant Pot Vortex) and it air fries for 10 minutes.
In just 10 minutes you will have moist and juicy chicken with a crispy and tasty crunch in every bite!
RELATED: Fried Blackberry Pies (Air Fryer)
Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer Settings
To make air fryer popcorn you will need to these accessories and settings:
- Rotisserie Basket
- Air Fry Setting
- Temperature set to 370°
- ROTATE turned on
- Time Setting set to 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
If you don’t have a rotisserie basket in your air fryer, the directions will be just a little different. Instead, you will spray your trays or basket lightly will oil and add the chicken in batches so that it’s not overcrowded. You will then shake the basket or rotate the chicken on the trays halfway through.
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt, and flour in a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces and add to buttermilk. Shake off excess milk.
- Roll the chicken into corn starch.
- Beat the egg into a small bowl and dip the chicken to coat in egg wash.
- Add the chicken into the flour mixture and coat well. Shake off excess.
- Spray the cooking spray on the chicken and coat evenly and lightly.
- Add the chicken to the rotisserie basket and close.
- Set the Vortex to Air Fry, 370°, ROTATE, and set to 10 minutes. Press start.
- Wait for Air Fryer to read, "Add Food" and insert rotisserie basket.
- Close the door.
- Carefully remove the rotisserie basket with the rotisserie fetch. The basket will be hot!
- Serve with desired dipping sauces.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: