These Mini Chicken Pot Pies are made with a flaky Puff Pastry crust. These mini pot pies are filled to the brim with delicious chicken and melt-in-your-mouth veggies.
The gravy for the chicken pot pie is creamy, flavorful, and absolutely tasty!
Preparing the Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Making this recipe is relatively easy. Instead of making one large pie, you just reduce the ingredients to create these mini pies.
The trick to these pies is creating a smooth and creamy gravy for your filling. Getting the consistency right for these pies will make all the difference when creating this dish.
Boiling the chicken and veggies together while creating the gravy allows making this dish in a small amount of time.
When you purchase puff pastries they are frozen. To allow the process to go smoothly, allow the puff pastry to thaw before making these chicken pot pies.
That way, when it's time to top the ramekins off, the puff pastry will be easy to work with. Pinch the pastry down over the ramekins to hold them in place.
Changing the temperatures during baking will allow the puff pastries to brown evenly and not burn. Place the ramekins onto a baking dish to make it easier to pull them out of the oven and catch any over-spills.
Starting out at 425° and reducing the heat to 400° creates a beautiful brown and flaky crust. Allow the ramekins to cool - they will be very hot to the touch!
- ¼ cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 potato, diced
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- egg wash
- 1 puff pastry
- Allow puff pastry to thaw in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In large pot, fill half way with water. Bring to boil.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, potato and chicken breasts.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt 1 ½ tbsp.
- Stir in half of the flour and start to slowly adding in the ½ cup of milk.
- Whisk in chicken broth.
- Stirring frequently, add in remaining flour and milk. Simmer over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken. You may need to add more flour depending on desired consistency.
- Add in poultry seasoning, onion and garlic powder, pepper, and desired amount of fresh parsley.
- Allow sauce to thicken.
- Drain cooked chicken and veggies.
- Add into the sauce mixture and stir until mixed well. Allow to cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently to allow flavors to incorporate.
- Using 4 ramekins, add enough pot pie filling reach the rim.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 pieces large enough to cover top of ramekins and fold over.
- Using egg wash and pastry brush, wash one side of the pastry puff. Place egg wash side down on ramekin and pinch sides of ramekin to hold in place.
- Add additional egg wash to top of pastry puff.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 400° and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.