This black bean dip is a smooth and creamy dip that is not only easy to make but also great for parties. Black bean dip is made by blending black beans, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, cumin, Queso Fresco, and lime juice, as well as other flavorful ingredients.
Black bean dip is a very versatile dip to serve at gatherings and parties because it goes well with tortilla chips, sliced peppers, and other vegetables, as well as crackers.
Ingredients in Black Bean Dip
- canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- lime juice
- Queso Fresco
- Monterey Jack cheese
- red onion
- Roma tomato
How to Make Black Bean Dip
Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease an oven-safe skillet.
Prepare the beans. Drain and rinse the cans of black beans.
Add the ingredients to the food processor. Add the rinsed black beans to the food processor as well as the softened cream cheese as well as the sour cream.
Add the lime juice, sliced jalapeno, chili powder, and ground cumin.
TIP: A lemon-lime squeezer takes the work out squeezing citrus fruits.
Top with 1 cup of the crumbled Queso Fresco and ½ cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
Blend. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Use the pulse function if needed to break up the beans.
Transfer the dip to a skillet. Spoon the dip mixture into a greased oven-safe skillet such a cast iron skillet.
Top with cheese. Top with remaining Queso Fresco and Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Garnish. Remove from the oven and top with the diced tomato, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro.
Serve. Top with additional cheese if desired and serve with tortilla chips, sliced peppers, or other vegetables.
RELATED: Mexican Bean Dip
Tips for Making Hot Black Bean Dip
Use good quality black beans. Use a brand of black beans you like and consider buying a low sodium version to cut the salt in the dish.
Serve with the right dippers. Crackers, tortilla chips or scoops, and assorted veggies work well as dippers. Sliced peppers are a fun and different dipper to try!
Don't be afraid of texture. This black bean dip is blended in a food processor but leave it with chunks of black beans for added texture if you'd like.
How to Serve Black Bean Dip
It can be served hot or cold. Depending on how you prefer to eat it, this black bean dip can be served hot or cold which makes it a great party appetizer.
Serve it how you like. Don't like red onion? Hate cilantro? Leave them out! Top the dip with your favorite toppings so you will enjoy it.
Black bean dip can be served as a side or appetizer for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or any day that you serve Mexican cuisine. It also makes a delicious potluck or party dip!
- 2 15-ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (divided)
- ½ cup queso fresco
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Drain and rinse the cans of black beans and add them to a food processor.
- Add the softened cream cheese as well as the sour cream.
- Add the lime juice, sliced jalapeno, chili powder, and ground cumin.
- Top with 1 cup of the crumbled Queso Fresco and ½ cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the dip mixture into a greased oven safe skillet.
- Top with remaining Queso Fresco and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with the diced tomato, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro.
- Top with additional cheese if desired and serve with tortilla chips, sliced peppers, or other vegetables.
Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Can be served hot or cold.
Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, sliced peppers, and/or vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 10gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.