Creamy White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna layered with white sauce, ricotta cheese, and spinach made in the Instant Pot.
Preparing the Lasagna in the Instant Pot
For this recipe, you will need either a springform pan or a push-up pan. You will need to grease all sides and the bottom of the pan so that your noodles and other layers of lasagna will not stick! The Instant Pot is used primarily to make this lasagna, however, I do use my broiler to brown the top of my white chicken and spinach lasagna. You can skip this step if you would like and serve it right from the Instant Pot!
Serving for Four
This recipe has enough servings for 4 people. You can stack two of these pans in your Instant Pot and make two of these at a time if you would like! The cook time and the liquid time does not change! That's one of the wonderful things about the Instant Pot, there aren't really any changes when doubling food in the Instant Pot and I especially love that it doesn't take longer to cook!
Accessories Needed To Make Instant Pot White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 7″ Cheesecake Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Instant Pot Sling or Handmade Aluminum Foil Sling
- Aluminum Foil
Why Use Soy Milk?
Since the Instant Pot uses pressure to cook food, it's best not to use dairy products in the actually pressure cooking part of the process. Dairy under pressure tends to curdle and seperate and while it's still safe to eat, it is unpleasing to the eye. You can use other alternatives to milk other than soy milk based on your preference.
- 4 cups Mafalda noodles, mini lasagna noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup soy milk, or any other dairy-free milk
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- parsley, garnish
- 1 cup water
- Set oven to broil. Use the broiler if you want the top of your lasagna to have a crispier texture. You can skip this step if you wish.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and add in the 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add diced chicken breasts to the Instant Pot and cook until all sides are no longer pink. Remove from pot.
- Add diced onions and minced garlic cloves to the Instant Pot and cook for about 3 minutes. Add in the ¼ cup of flour and the ¾ cup of soy milk. (Regular milk will curdle under pressure.)
- Add in the 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Add basil, oregano, and black pepper.
- Add in 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir and allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from pot and clean the inner liner of the Instant Pot.
- In a 7" springform pan, grease all sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of Mafalda noodles to the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly.
- Add half of the cheese sauce you made in the Instant Pot on top of the noodles evenly.
- Layer half of the cooked chicken on top of the cheese sauce.
- Layer ¾ cups of the ricotta cheese on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of chopped spinach evenly over the ricotta cheese.
- Once again, layer the noodles, cheese sauce, chicken, and ricotta cheese.
- Top the rest off with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover springform pan with aluminum foil and set on a sling.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and add sling with pan into inner liner.
- Close the lid and vent and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to release pressure for 10 minutes and remove from Instant Pot.
- If using the broiler method, remove the aluminum foil from pan and set in the oven for about 3 minutes or until the top of the lasagna starts to brown and bubble.
- Unlock the springform pan and lift from lasagna, sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.