Deliciously creamy Instant Pot Meyer Lemon Cheesecake. This cheesecake is made with Meyer Lemon juice and zest and topped with a flavorful lemon curd.
Flavorful Meyer Lemon Cheesecake
Desserts taste best using fresh ingredients and this cheesecake uses Meyer Lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
The crust for this Instant Pot Meyer Lemon Cheesecake are crushed vanilla wafers mixed with melted butter. It adds a wonderfully balanced flavor to the fresh citrus flavor.
What is a Meyer Lemon?
Believe it or not, there are differences between regular lemons and Meyer Lemons. Meyer Lemons are less tangy and instead sweeter. Meyer Lemons are also seasonal fruit found in the winter months.
Are Regular Lemons and Meyer Lemons Interchangable?
The easy answer to this question is yes. With that answer in mind, it's also important to know that lemons are more acidic than Meyer Lemons so keep that in mind when using regular lemons in recipes. You will most likely want to lessen the amount of the regular lemons used or increase the sugar to make up for the acidity levels.
Mini Meyer Lemon Cheesecakes
This recipe for Instant Pot Meyer Lemon Cheesecake can be made using a 7-inch cheesecake pan or using (3) 4-inch pans.
Whether making one 7 inch cheesecake or making 4-inch cheesecakes, it's important to prepare the pan by greasing it with baking spray. This prevents the cheesecake crust and the filling from sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan. It also makes for very easy cheesecake removal.
RELATED: Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
Instant Pot Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Crust
Vanilla wafers are used to make a pleasant and tasty crust for this cheesecake.
Vanilla wafers are finely crushed and mixed with butter and then added to the cheesecake pan/s. It's important to blind bake this crust so that it's not soggy and instead has a nice crunch. When blind baking the mini crusts, the time for baking is reduced to 6 minutes.
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ½ cup heavy cream, room temp
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh Meyer Lemon zest
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 16 Vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon granulated sugar
- lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 325°*
- Combine finely crushed vanilla wafers, ⅛ tsp salt, and granulated sugar.
- Melt the 4 tablespoon of butter and mix in the vanilla wafer mixture.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the springform pan/s with baking spray.
- Press the vanilla wafer crust into the bottom of the pan and use the back of a spoon to gently press it up on the sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, combine the room temperature cream cheese and heavy cream. Blend using short pulses.
- Add in the sugar, cornstarch, 2 tsp vanilla, salt, and Meyer lemon zest and lemon juice. Quick Pulses until just incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add in the room temperature eggs and blend using short pulses until just combined. This part is critical!
- Pour into a greased springform pan and allow the filling to settle.
- Gently pick up the springform pan and "tap" it onto the counter to pop any air pockets that may be in the filling. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and put the trivet into place.
- Create a sling out of foil or use an Instant Pot silicone sling and place it in the Instant Pot.
- Gently place the cheesecake in the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Set the pot to MANUAL and cook for 35 minutes.**
- Allow the Instant Pot to Natural Release for 18 minutes before removing the lid.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Use a paper towel to soak up any water that may be laying on the top of the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for 10 minutes before moving the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once cheesecake is chilled, it is safe to remove the cheesecake from the pan.
- If desired add lemon curd to the chilled cheesecake and serve.
*To prepare mini cheesecakes, prepare the crust as directed but divide into 3 separate springform pans. Bake at 325° for 6 minutes.
**Prepare the batter as directed but spoon the cheesecake filling equally between the 3 preared cheesecake crusts. Pressure cook for 11 minutes and allow a Natural Release for 18 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.