This creamy Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is made in the pressure cooker and is ready in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is a “dump and go” and is all made in one pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
It is possible to get perfect noodles in the Instant Pot. My trick is to slightly undercook them if I still need to use the Saute after the pressure cooking is done.
Since the noodles still cook during the Saute setting, this allows the noodles to soften up a bit more when adding more ingredients such as the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. The end result of doing this is that the noodles aren’t too soft or mushy.
Also, by breaking the noodles in half, they fully fit in the inner liner of the pot and can all be submerged.
Melting Cheese for the Sauce
I have used shredded cheese when making my own soups and sauces. It works out okay but often times it’s stringy instead of creamy and smooth.
I use blocks of cheese that I cut into chunks to melt into my food and the texture is much better than using shredded varieties.
To make the creamiest Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, use blocked cheese.
RELATED: Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi (Olive Garden Copycat)
Instant pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This creamy chicken alfredo is made with fettuccine noodles and made in less than 30 minutes.
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles, broken in half
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 11/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, bite-sized
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, block cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- parsley, garnishing
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add in oil and cook chicken long enough to brown all sides.
- Scrape bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck.
- Add in butter and garlic cloves.
- Add in the broken in half fettuccine noodles in the pot. Spread the noodles around and don't clump them together.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and add in the 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Press down gently on noodles if needed to submerge in the pot.
- Close the lid and set to MANUAL for 7 minutes.
- Allow to NATURAL RELEASE (NR) for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Stir the noodles together with the broth. They may be undercooked - it's okay.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add in the Parmesan Cheese and stir to melt.
- Add in the heavy cream and allow about 3 minutes for the sauce and cheese to melt and thicken.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Instant Pot White cheddar Jack Mac N Cheese
Wednesday 30th of November 2022
Can you add frozen broccoli?
Thursday 1st of December 2022
Broccoli will turn to mush when pressure cooking this long. I would suggest to cook the broccoli separately and tossing it in the alfredo when serving.
Wednesday 16th of June 2021
Sounds delicious.On step 2 do I remove the chicken completely or just remove the bits that are stuck? I only ask because they are no more mentioned of the chicken.
Thursday 17th of June 2021
@Dana, Thank you! I made this for dinner and my husband and I loved jt!!!! Delicious!!!!
Wednesday 16th of June 2021
Just remove the bits that are stuck. :) The chicken pressure cooks with the pasta.
Friday 10th of April 2020
This is a wonderful recipe ! My family loves it!! Could I use frozen chicken breast in this and if so how can u adjust the time
Saturday 11th of April 2020
I have never used frozen breasts for this recipe. My concern would be that the pasta would overcook while coming to pressure by using the frozen chicken. I'm happy to hear that your family enjoys this recipe!
Sunday 26th of January 2020
Could this recipe be doubled? Is there enough room in the instant pot?
Thursday 30th of January 2020
Yes, there is enough room to double this recipe. :)
Sunday 19th of January 2020
I made this last night. It was very easy to follow and seriously my husband loved this. Chicken Alfredo is his favorite. I’ll be sharing this recipe! Thank you.