This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Perfect Comfort Soup
Whether it's a cold day or you're under the weather, chicken noodle soup is known as the perfect comfort soup for ailments or cold weather.
I've made homemade chicken noodle soup on the stove many times over the years and it always takes over an hour to get the spices and flavors to marry into a flavorful chicken noodle soup.
Now, I make a family favorite recipe in the Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for a spur-of-the-moment decision or just preparing a quick family dinner.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
I've always enjoyed a homestyle creamy chicken noodle soup. Adding in the heavy cream gives this soup a velvety smooth texture that tastes absolutely wonderful and the thickened soup helps make you fuller faster.
I like to use broad noodles in my soup because the thicker noodles add a nice texture to the soup. You can add any type of noodle that you would like but the SAUTE times will vary.
You will want to check your noodles to check for al dente or tender.
Make Chicken Noodle Soup a Meal
This Instant Pot creamy chicken noodle soup can easily be served as a meal. You can serve it with a side salad or even some saltine crackers to crunch up and put in your soup.
Making the chicken noodle soup on the creamier side will make it more filling. Making Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is so quick and easy, it's the perfect busy weeknight or weekend dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast, bite sized
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- parsley, garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoon water
- 2 cups egg noodles, broad
- Place 2 tablespoon of butter, carrots, celery, and onion into Instant Pot.
- Place bite-sized chicken breasts on top of the veggies.
- Pour in the 4 cups of chicken broth and add in the poultry seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Close the lid and vent and set the Instant Pot on SOUP and cook for 7 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, press the SAUTE button and add in the 2 cups of noodles.
- Stirring occasionally, allow the noodles to cook for another 6 minutes.
- Also, add in the heavy cream and stir.
- In a small bowl, add together the 3 tsp of cornstarch and 3 tsp of water to make a slurry. Stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the slurry into the Instant Pot to thicken the soup. This will usually take 2-3 minutes.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: