These peanut butter cup cookies are made with creamy peanut butter and loaded with a mixture of chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups. These cookies are a peanut butter lover's dream.
The perfect match - peanut butter and chocolate. These cookies are huge, thick, and deliciously chewy.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
This isn't the classic peanut butter cookie that has been handed down for generations. This peanut butter cup peanut butter cookies recipe is loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped miniature peanut butter cups.
The trick to delicious peanut butter cookies is starting with your favorite creamy peanut butter brand.
RELATED: Pistachio Cookies
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Creamy peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter- room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- room temperature
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Miniature Peanut butter cups
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Start with room temperature ingredients- Set the unsalted butter out as well as the eggs.
Mix the wet ingredients together- Cream the softened unsalted butter until creamy.
Beat in the sugars- Beat in the granulated sugar and the light brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the creamy peanut butter and then, beat in the vanilla extract and the room temperature eggs.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour together with the baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Mix the ingredients together- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until soft dough forms.
Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and the chopped peanut butter cups.
Scoop the cookie dough- Scoop into 3 tablespoon balls or use a #20 cookie scoop. Chill the scooped dough for at least 1 hour before baking. Scooping and portioning the cookies before chilling is much easier and faster than trying to scoop chilled dough.
Preheat the oven and prepare the cookie sheets- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and place the cookie balls onto the sheet two inches apart.
Flatten the tops of the cookies with a glass or the back of a spoon.
These cookies will puff up while baking so pressing the cookies down in the center will help them spread out, not up.
Bake in the preheated oven- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Oven temperature varies.
Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place the cookies in an airtight container for storage.
RELATED: Peanut Butter Balls
Can Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
Yes! Peanut Butter Cookie dough can be frozen. This peanut butter cup cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months.
To make baking these cookies easier after freezing, portion the cookies out into the 3 tablespoons of dough and freeze in a freezer-safe air-tight bag.
When ready to bake, remove the cookies from the freezer and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Flatten the cookies as directed in the recipe and bake according to the directions.
These peanut butter cup cookies are great to make for Christmas and other holidays because they're quick to make ahead of time and bake when ready to give as gifts or serve.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
- Cream the softened unsalted butter until creamy.
- Beat in the granulated sugar and the light brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the creamy peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour together with the baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the room temperature eggs.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Scoop into 3 tablespoon balls or use a #20 cookie scoop.
- Chill the scooped dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and place the cookie balls onto the sheet two inches apart.
- Flatten the tops of the cookies with a glass or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Premeasuring the dough before freezing will make it easier when it comes time to bake. Remove the dough from the freezer before baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.