Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
These Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are flavorful, soft, and chewy. They’re great cookies for the Fall season and incredibly easy to make.
These cookies are soft and chewy so it’s best to roll these into smaller balls before baking. If you make the cookies too large they will crumble and fall apart while they are cooling.
After the cookies have cooled on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.
RELATED: Homemade Butterscotch Sauce
CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
Butterscotch is made from brown sugar and butter so the flavor pairs nicely with milk or hot cocoa. These Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are great to make for cooler Fall days and great to share at Fall family gatherings.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups oats
- 1 11 oz bag of butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In electric mixer beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in 1 egg at a time and mix well.
- Add in vanilla and blend.
- Add in baking soda and flour a little at at time, making sure it blends well.
- Mix in the 3 cups of oats until mixed well.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels
- Either use a cookie scoop or drop by rounded teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes and let cool completely.
Store in airtight container.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest