Creamy and smooth snickerdoodle cheesecake made in the Instant Pot with the traditional flavors of vanilla and cinnamon. Made with a snickerdoodle cookie crust.
Blind Baking the Crust
I prefer to blind bake my crust because it results in crust that isn’t soggy. This does require using the oven to prebake the crust before adding the filling and pressure cooking the cheesecake.
You can completely skip the step of blind baking if you prefer or you can even place it in the freezer before adding the cheesecake filling.
If you do choose to blind bake the crust, it only takes 15 minutes and it can bake while you’re prepping the cheesecake ingredients.
Instant Pot 7″ Springform vs. 8″ Springform Pans
What if you have an 8 qt. Instant Pot? You can still make this cheesecake with the 7-inch pan or if you would prefer you can make this recipe in an 8-inch pan. The amount of ingredients (for the 7″) will make a slightly shorter cheesecake but it will still taste the same. If you are making the cheesecake in the 8-inch pan, you will have to adjust the time by 5 minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
To get a creamy and smooth cheesecake filling it is highly recommended that room temperature ingredients are used. By using room temperature ingredients it will help prevent overbeating the mixture which would result in lumpy cheesecake that isn’t dense.
Lay the eggs and the cream cheese out for a half an hour to an hour before mixing the ingredients.
The eggs should be mixed into the batter lastly and added one at a time until just blended. This will also help prevent the cheesecake from being overbeaten and lumpy.
Snickerdoodles are a delicious chewy cookie with the flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar. They’re rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking and the results are absolutely delicious.
This snickerdoodle cheesecake made in the Instant Pot has a smooth and velvety texture and has a light homemade whipped cream flavored with vanilla and cinnamon.
There is also a cinnamon sugar dusting on top of the cheesecake to give it that “crunch” that you get when biting into a snickerdoodle cookie.
RELATED: Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup snickerdoodle cookies, crushed
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Homemade Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Combine the snickerdoodles and granulated sugar in a food processor.
- Process the cookie mixture until it is a fine crumble.
- Add the melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Prepare 7" springform pan by lining with parchment paper or greasing bottom and sides.
- Pour the cookie mixture into the pan and use the bottom of a cup or measuring cup to spread the crust evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together the room temperature cream cheese and the granulated sugar using a hand mixer or food processor.
- Add in the heavy cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and the ground cinnamon.
- Beat to combine well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, careful not to overbeat. Pulse quickly until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prebaked crust.
- Gently tap the springform pan on the counter to release and pop any bubbles that may have formed in the batter.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the springform pan in the liner either using a homemade sling and trivet or a silicone sling.
- Close the lid and vent.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 38 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 15 minutes before removing the lid and placing the cheesecake to cool.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool before placing it in the refrigerator to chill for 24 hours.
- To make the homemade whipped cream, combine the heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Beat until frothy.
- Add in the cornstarch, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until a whipped cream consistency.
Room temperature ingredients prevent overbeating and will result in a smooth and creamy cheesecake.
The cornstarch in both the cheesecake and the whipped cream helps stabilize the ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 8g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.