This Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is made with fresh rosemary, basil, and oregano. It’s tossed with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach, making it a deliciously fresh dinner!
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This recipe for creamy Tuscan chicken is made in the Instant Pot and it’s ready to eat in about 30 minutes! The sauce is amazingly flavorful and the chicken is very tender.
By sauteing the chicken in the Instant Pot first, it gives the outside of the chicken a crispy texture, and by just browning it doesn’t cook the inside of the chicken too fast.
I use thinly sliced chicken breasts for this recipe. If I don’t have thinly sliced breasts on hand, I butterfly the breasts by slicing down the middle opening the breasts, and laying it flat. If necessary, I use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken furthermore.
Tender Chicken in the Instant Pot
I think one of the biggest complaints I hear is that chicken in the Instant Pot comes out tough or chewy. Most likely the reason is that the pressure cooker didn’t naturally release because a quick-release was performed.
By doing a quick release, it actually sucks out the moisture in meats creating a tough, chewy, and sometimes flavorless protein. When making meats in the Instant Pot- allow it to naturally release, it makes a huge difference!
You can serve this creamy Tuscan chicken with pasta or without. Sides that go well with this delicious main dish are mashed potatoes, quinoa, roasted vegetables, or serve it with a salad!
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied or sliced thin
- 2 tbsp oil, for browning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- Heat the Instant Pot on Saute.
- Add the oil and then add the chicken in batches, browning sides.
- Deglaze the pot and add in the 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Add in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, and fresh rosemary.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 8 minutes.
- Allow a 15 natural release.
- Open the lid, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Return the pot to SAUTE and add in the sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the chopped spinach.
- Create a slurry with the 2 tsp of cornstarch and the 2 tsp of water. Mix well and add to the pot.
- Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Gently stir the sauce and allow the sauce to thicken for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with fettuccine noodles or serve alone.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: