Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins topped with an oatmeal streusel, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips.
Cranberry Orange Oat Muffins
These muffins have a crispy crumb topping and a soft and moist center. These muffins are baked at two different temperatures which provide these results. The muffins start off baking at 425° for five minutes and then the temperature is dropped to 350° for the remainder of the time.
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°
- Bake for an additional 11-13
Oatmeal Streusel Topping
After spreading the batter evenly among 12 muffin liners, the ingredients for the streusel topping is prepared. Dried cranberries and white chocolate chips are added to the top of the streusel before being baked in the oven.
Once they are out, you can add additional cranberries and white chocolate chips before allowing them to cool.
Easy to Make Muffins
Making these muffins is simple and fast. The egg, granulated sugar, and brown sugar are beaten together in a bowl, then the oil, sour cream, and orange zest is added to the mix.
The dry ingredients are then added to the mix and then the dried cranberries are stirred in.
The muffin batter is spooned evenly among 12 muffin liners, filling them to the top.
Next, the streusel topping is added on top of the batter, making sure to gently press it into the muffins so that it sticks and doesn't fall off the muffins.
Dried cranberries and white chocolate chips are added on top of the streusel to finish these muffins off.
After baking these muffins according to the directions, you can choose to add more dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Accessories Need to Make These Muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon orange zest, approx. 1 orange
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup cranberries
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425° and line or grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the egg, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add in the oil and orange zest and sour cream.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, blending slowly and careful not to over mix.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and fill the muffin tins to the top.
- In a small bowl, blend together the melted butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Mix until it is crumbly and spread evenly among the batter. Slightly press into the batter.
- Top with the dried cranberries and the white chocolate chips.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350° and bake for an additional 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
- Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe (Costco Copycat)
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.