Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M Oatmeal Cookies are easy to make, big, and every bite is chewy!
These cookies are made with simple ingredients and the M&M's can be matched to fit the occasion!
Chewy cookies are my favorite type of cookie. These cookies have a chewy center, crispy edges, and chocolate pieces that add a nice crunch to the cookies.
RELATED: Monster Cookies
Quick and Easy Cookies
These cookies are quick and easy to make and fun to bake with the kids! The M&M's can be swapped out for any color, which makes them a great cookie for Holidays and celebrations.
To make these cookies, using softened butter is ideal because it's easy to work with. It also makes these cookies soft and chewy than if you were using chilled butter.
Additionally, the light corn syrup is added to these cookies as well to make them extra chewy.
With a combination of semisweet chocolate chips and M&M's, these cookies have a great balance of chewy, crispy, and crunchy.
Baking the Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M Oatmeal Cookies
Starting with softened butter, the brown sugar and granulated sugar are added to the butter and beat until it is light and fluffy.
Light corn syrup is added to the mixture as well as the vanilla extract.
Next, the eggs are added one at a time and beaten into the mixture.
The all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oats are combined in a separate bowl and slowly beat into the wet ingredients.
The mixture of chocolate chips and M&M's are stirred into the mixture and then the cookie dough is scooped out and placed on a cookie sheet.
RELATED: Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, and the granulated sugars.
- Beat in the light corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oats.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix in the semisweet chips and M&M's.
- Roll the cookies into 1 tablespoon balls and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 9.1gSaturated Fat: 5.2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 29.8gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 11.8gProtein: 3.1g