Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are soft and chewy peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate candy. These cookies are easy to make and have heart-shaped chocolate pressed into the center after baking. The chocolate candies can easily be swapped out for chocolate kisses for everyday baking.
Incredibly Easy Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Much like the peanut butter cookie classic, these peanut butter blossom cookies are just as easy to make. They’re incredibly flavorful and have a soft and chewy center.
The peanut butter cookie dough is rolled in granulated sugar before baking giving it a nice crunch to the outside of the cookie.
This recipe is made with creamy peanut butter that makes the cookie incredibly smooth and chewy.
Once the chocolate candies are pressed into the peanut butter cookies, the cookies spread out and crack under the pressure of the pressed chocolate.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Blossoms
The ingredients in these peanut butter blossoms are quite straight forward and every day ingredients.
- All-Purpose Flour – spooned & leveled
- Unsalted Butter – softened
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter – creamy is best, it makes the cookies smooth and chewy
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar – for the cookie dough and for rolling
- Milk – helps soften the dough
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Candies – 25 pieces, unwrapped (Heart Shaped or Kisses)
RELATED: Easy Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
These cookies are so simple to make and they’re so easy that kids love to make them!
The first step to making these cookies is to start with softened unsalted butter. You will want to beat the butter until it is creamy before adding the other ingredients.
Once the butter is creamy, the creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar and then beat into the butter. Once again, the mixture is beaten until creamy before any other ingredients are added.
Next, the egg, vanilla extract, and milk are added and the mixture is beat until it is light and fluffy.
Once those ingredients are combined well, the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt are all combined in a separate bowl.
The dry ingredients are then added to the wet ingredients and combined well. The dough can be quite crumbly but once rolled the dough will come together nicely.
The peanut butter blossoms cookie dough is then rolled into once inch balls and then rolled into a plate of granulated sugar before being placed on the cookie sheets.
After the peanut butter blossom cookies are done baking, immediately press your chocolate of choice into the center of the cookie. The cookie will spread out and crack once the chocolate has been pressed into the center.
Allow the peanut butter blossoms to cool completely before stacking and placing them in a container. The heat from the cookies will keep the chocolate soft and it will smear if they are not completely cooled.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Easy No Chill M&M Candies Cookies
Valentine’s Day Treats
These peanut butter blossoms are a great treat to give out on Valentine’s day. Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect pair and make an absolutely delicious cookie.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make as well and the maraschino cherries add a special touch to the chocolate chip classic.
For a gluten-free loved one, these easy and rich chocolate flourless cookies are perfect for those that enjoy fudgy textures and intense chocolate flavor.
Cupcakes are another great Valentine’s Day treat. These pink champagne cupcakes are perfect for a Galentine’s day celebration!
Red Velvet fans will appreciate these red velvet cupcakes that have a deliciously smooth cream filling. Pink velvet cupcakes have the same smooth and velvety texture as red velvet cupcakes except they’re dressed up for the Valentine’s Day occasion.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 25 chocolate candies, heart chocolates or kisss
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Cream the room temperature butter until smooth.
- Add in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar.
- Add in the peanut butter, egg, and milk until smooth.
- Beat until the ingredients are combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Scoop into the 1.5 tablespoons balls. (a #40 cookie scoop is perfect for this.)
- Roll the scooped dough into balls and roll into a plate of granulated sugar.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into the center of the cookie after removing it from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before storing otherwise the chocolate will melt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.