Classic snickerdoodle cookies with a Valentine’s Day spin!
These cookies are rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and red sanding sugar.
Classic Snickerdoodle Flavor
Snickerdoodles have the warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon. Making snickerdoodles is popular during the winter months and adding red, white, and pink sprinkles and red sanding sugar makes them festive enough for a Valentine’s Day gift.
RELATED: Red Velvet Cupcakes
Valentine’s Snickerdoodle Cookies
These cookies are made just like the traditional snickerdoodle cookie. With the subtle cinnamon flavor throughout the cookies and the soft and chewy texture, these cookies say, “I Love You” and says, “I’m baked with love.” They’re also incredibly easy to and makes about 3 dozen cookies! It’s a great cookie to make a lot of and share with loved ones and friends!
Great Cookie Gifts
These Valentine’s Snickerdoodle Cookies are so easy to make and they’re easy to get the cookies in a uniform shape and look. It’s as simple as pinching off a 1-inch piece of cookie dough, rolling it into a ball and then rolling it into the sugar mixture.
For easy cleanup, I use silicone baking mats. It makes it a breeze to clean up the loose sugar and sprinkle granules.
To spruce the cookies up furthermore, sprinkle additional sanding sugar on top of them.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup red, white, pink sprinkles
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp red sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Combine the softened butter and the shortening. Beat together well.
- Beat in the granulated sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and red sanding sugar.
- Pinch and roll the dough into 1-inch pieces and roll into the cinnamon mixture.
- Place the rolled cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 9 minutes.
- The edges should be brown and the center should be soft.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon-sugar mixture if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 5.2gSaturated Fat: 2.5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 9.9gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 9.6g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest