This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mccainquickcook
Philly Steak and Cheese Fries made with McCain® Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries. This is a tasty appetizer that the whole family will enjoy!
Click HERE to add McCain Quick Cook Fries to your grocery cart.
Philly Steak and Cheese Fries
With only 7 ingredients, this flavorful appetizer is not only incredibly easy and convenient to make, but is full of flavor and goes from oven to table in less than 10 minutes!
The McCain Quick Cook Waffle Fries used in these Philly steak and cheese fries cook in half the time* that it takes for standard fries including other McCain French fry products. That means one thing – Faster to Prepare. Easier to Share.
Simple Ingredients for a Tasty Appetizer
McCain Potatoes are made with 100% real potato and no artificial flavors. Layer these delicious french fries with freshly sliced steak, sliced green pepper and onion, and White American cheese.
That’s all you need to have an appetizer that is sure to please.
McCain Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries and their counterparts, Crinkle Cut and Straight Cut, are perfect for nachos and cheese fries.
They don’t require any flipping and cook quickly for convenience.
Ingredients in Philly Steak and Cheese Fries
- Steak – Thinly sliced ribeye or flank steak. More marbling means more flavor!
- Vegetables– Green pepper and white onion, sliced
- Seasonings – Garlic salt and ground black pepper
- White American Cheese– I prefer to use deli-sliced White America cheese vs the processed cheese product. However, presliced cheese will work just as well if preferred.
- McCain Quick Cook French Fried Potatoes – In this recipe, I use the Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries variety but they can easily be swapped out with either the Crinkle Cut or Straight Cut. You can find all of these varieties at Wegmans in the freezer section! Check out McCain’s store locator to find McCain Quick Cook Fries near you!
How to Make Skillet Philly Steak and Cheese Fries
The first step to making this tasty appetizer is to preheat the oven. To make cleanup simple, use an oven-safe skillet to cook in or set out a 9×9 baking dish to layer the ingredients in before baking if you prefer.
To fry the thinly sliced steak, heat olive oil in the skillet and allow it to get hot before adding the steak.
Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the steak and sprinkle the garlic salt, and ground black pepper to the skillet.
Brown the sliced steak on all sides and transfer it to a dish.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of liquid from the skillet and discard the rest. Return the skillet back to the burner and add the sliced green pepper and onion. Fry the peppers in the skillet until cooked but still crisp.
Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the skillet and place a layer of the McCain Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries on the bottom of the skillet.
Layer with the White American cheese, the sliced veggies, and the cooked steak. Repeat the layers and add the remaining cheese on top.
The oven-safe skillet is then placed in the preheated oven and the Philly Steak and Cheese Fries are baked for 8 – 10 minutes.
Remember, there’s no need to precook McCain’s Quick Cook Fries and it only takes 8 to 10 minutes to bake these cheese fries in the oven!
*Compared to McCain® 32 OZ Crinkle Fries, 32 OZ Classic Fries, and 26 OZ Seasoned Waffle Fries (respectively) in conventional ovens.
- 1 lb steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8-10 White American Cheese Slices
- 20 OZ bag McCain Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. *
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the sliced steak to the skillet.
- Sprinkle in the garlic salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Allow the steak to fry until browned on all sides.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set it aside.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of liquid from the skillet and discard the rest.
- Return the skillet to the stove and add the sliced vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables in the reserved liquid until the vegetables are cooked but the green pepper slices are still crisp.
- Remove the vegetables from the plate and set them aside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add a layer of McCain's Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries
- Place 4 slices of the White American cheese on top and a layer of the steak and vegetables.
- Repeat the layers and top with the remaining cheese slices.
- Place the oven-safe skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
* An oven-safe 9x9 dish can be used in place of an oven-safe skillet when layering the ingredients. Fry the steak and vegetables in the desired skillet before transferring to the oven-safe dish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 1265mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 34g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.