Pumpkin’s not only for dessert! This Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili is a savory favorite during pumpkin season. The warm aromatic scents and flavors of cinnamon, brown sugar and chili powder are in every bite of this turkey pumpkin chili with black beans.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili
The main ingredients are pumpkin and turkey in this Instant Pot Turkey Chili with pumpkin and black beans. Canned beans and pumpkin and very little vegetable chopping get this meal ready in less than thirty minutes.
- Ground turkey
- Pumpkin puree - if using canned, use pure pumpkin not the pumpkin pie mix
- Garlic cloves - a garlic press makes it easy to mince garlic cloves
- Yellow bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Jalapeno - seeded and diced
- Brown sugar - it compliments the pumpkin well
- Ground cinnamon
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried oregano
- Rotel - tomatoes with green chilies
- Black beans - drained and rinsed
- Chicken broth - one cup is enough to assist the Instant Pot in building pressure
- Cilantro, guacamole, and cheddar cheese for garnish.
RELATED: Instant Pot Autumn Beef Stew
How to Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili
It’s quick and easy to make Instant Pot Turkey Chili with pumpkin. Since it’s relatively fast to make prep the ingredients, make sure everything is ready to go into the pot.
Brown the turkey- Set the Instant pot to Sauté and add the turkey. Chop the turkey into small pieces and brown it well. Drain any liquid that releases while sautéing. Add the garlic after it has been drained.
Chop the veggies - Chop the yellow bell pepper, jalapeño, and yellow onion into small pieces.
TIP: A vegetable chopper makes this step is quick!
RELATED: Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Chili
Add the veggies and spices to the pot- Sauté the chopped veggies with the cooked turkey and sprinkle in the brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt, and oregano. Press cancel after cooking for a minute.
Add the canned ingredients- Dump in the canned pumpkin and the Rotel. Drain and rinse the black beans before adding them to the pot. Pour in the chicken broth but do not stir.
Pressure cook the Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili- Close the lid and vent on the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Allow a 10-minute natural release before removing the lid.
Serve with garnishments- Serve this Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili with cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Or, serve this chili with homemade skillet buttermilk cornbread or sweet cornbread muffins.
Other Must Try Pumpkin Recipes
Finish off your dinner with a delicious pumpkin dessert. These pumpkin gingerbread cupcakes have the delicious flavors of gingerbread and pumpkin.
Or, make-ahead this Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake and have it with a warm cup of coffee for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz Rotel
- 15 oz pure pumpkin canned, not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- Garnish - sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, and cheddar cheese
- Set the Instant pot to Sauté and add the turkey. Chop the turkey into small pieces and sauté until browned. Drain any liquid that releases while sautéing. Add in the garlic after draining.
- Chop the yellow bell pepper, jalapeño, and yellow onion into small pieces.
- Sauté the chopped veggies with the cooked turkey and sprinkle in the brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt, and oregano. Press cancel after cooking for a minute.
- Dump in the canned pumpkin and the Rotel. Drain and rinse the black beans before adding them to the pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth but do not stir.
- Close the lid and vent on the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow a 10 minute natural release before removing the lid.
- Serve with cilantro, guacamole, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 13.7gSaturated Fat: 2.4gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 956mgCarbohydrates: 32.8gFiber: 10.9gSugar: 13.3gProtein: 39.5g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.