Soft and chewy chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies are made with chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips mixed into a peanut butter base.
RELATED: Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Creamy Peanut Butter Cookies
This cookie batter creates a cookie that you sink your teeth into and feel the familiar texture of smooth and creamy peanut butter.
The trick to achieving this texture is to not overbake these cookies in the oven. However, if you want your cookies to have a little crunch to them, then simply bake them longer in the oven.
RELATED: Old Fashioned Cracker Jack Cookies
Ingredients in Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Chocolate chunks
- Peanut butter chips
Related: Chocolate Chunk Marshmallow Cookies
How To Make Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven - Preheat oven to 350°F
Combine the dry ingredients - In a large bowl, blend together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
Cream together the wet ingredients - Using a hand mixer, beat together the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add in 1 egg at a time and beat until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract.
Make the cookie dough - Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Add the chocolate chunks and chips - Stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chunks and the 1 cup of peanut butter chips.
Scoop the cookie dough - Drop by #40 cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet. Top with additional chunks and chips if desired.
Bake - Bake one cookie sheet at a time for about 9-10 minutes.
Cool - Let cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- ½ cup butter, unsalted softened
- ½ cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add in 1 egg at a time and beat. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, blend together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chunks and the 1 cup of peanut butter chips.
- Drop by #40 cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days for maximum freshness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.