Toffee Pecan Cookies made with English toffee pieces, chocolate chips, and toasted pecans.
These golden delicious buttery cookies are flavorful sweet and salty cookies perfect for any occasion.
Easy Cookie Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and you don’t have to chill the dough to prevent the cookies from spreading. The cookie dough for this recipe comes together quick and easy.
This easy cookie recipe is made with English toffee bits and chocolate chips. The dough also has toasted pecans mixed in and it only takes a few minutes on the stovetop to get deliciously buttery toasted pecans.
Ingredients in Toffee Pecan Cookies
Everyday pantry ingredients are used for this cookie in addition to the mix-ins. The full list of ingredients and their amounts are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Unsalted Butter – softened is best and makes it easy to combine the ingredients together.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda Baking Powder
- All-purpose flour – spooned & leveled
- English Toffee Bits – Heath baking bits
- Pecans – chopped and toasted
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
For maximum flavor of the pecans, toast them before adding them into the cookie dough.
To toast pecans, heat a skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Allow the butter to melt before adding the chopped pecans.
Spread the pecans onto a single layer in the skillet and stir occasionally. This will take roughly five minutes. The nuts will have a buttery nutty aroma when ready. Remove the pecans from the heat to prevent the nuts from burning.
How to Make Toffee Pecan Cookies
The first step to making these delicious cookies is to begin with softened butter. You can either set the unsalted butter out on the counter for about half an hour for it to reach room temperature or you can use a microwave to soften the butter.
It is important to not melt the butter but instead have it just softened before using.
A stand mixer or hand mixer makes this dough come together effortlessly so if you have one of those, I would recommend using it.
Once the butter is softened, it is creamed together with the granulated sugar and the brown sugar.
The vanilla extract add egg are then added in and beat until the egg is well incorporated.
Prepare the dry ingredients by combining the baking powder, baking soda, and the all-purpose flour. Spoon and level your flour to get the best best measurement for your cookie dough.
This is done by using a spoon to fill your measuring cup and then using the spoon to level off the top of the measuring cup. This will prevent the use of too much flour in your dough!
Once the flour mixture is added into the wet ingredients, the English toffee bits, chocolate chips, and toasted pecans are mixed into the dough.
Baking Toffee Pecan Cookies
Parchment paper comes in handy when baking these cookies. Parchment paper is nonstick and makes it easy to lift the cookies off the cookie sheet and it makes for easy cleanup!
A cookie scoop is perfect for these pecan cookies and it makes the cookies all the same shape and size. I use a #40 cookie scoop which is 1.6 tablespoons of dough per scoop.
Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet to allow for the cookies to spread while baking.
The cookies bake for 13 to 15 minutes and then are allowed to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack for complete cooling.
RELATED: Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 8 OZ English toffee bits (Heath Bits O' Brickle)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped (+ 1 tbsp butter to toast pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Prepare the baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Prepare the pecans by heating a skillet to medium heat and 1 tablespoon of butter. Once melted add the chopped pecans, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pecans are toasted, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Cream together the softened butter and the granulated sugar and brown sugar together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the egg until well combined.
- Combine the spooned & leveled all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the toasted pecans, chocolate chips, and English toffee bits.
- Use a #40 cookie scoop or roll the dough into 1.6 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for maximum freshness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest