These egg-free Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, and other basic ingredients. These cookies require no chilling and are easy to make.
These peanut butter cookies have Valentine's Day M&M's but the colors can be swapped out for other holiday M&M's such as Easter, Halloween, or Christmas candies to match the season.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
The ingredients for these homemade peanut butter M&M's cookies are simple and easy to work with. These cookies are egg free and are thick and chewy.
- creamy peanut butter
- all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- powdered sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- M&M's, Valentine's Day, or other holiday M&M's
How to Make Egg-free Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven and prepare the cookie sheets - Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream the peanut butter and sugar - Cream the creamy peanut butter together with the powdered sugar. It will be thick.
Combine the dry ingredients - In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
Beat in half the milk - Add 2 tablespoons of milk to the peanut butter mixture and add half of the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
Add the remaining ingredients - Repeat with the remaining flour and milk and combine until a soft cookie dough.
Add the candies - Stir in the M&M's.
Scoop the cookie dough - Scoop by one and half tablespoons or use a #40 cookie scoop and place them two inches apart on the cookie sheets. Flatten the cookies out slightly.
Add extra M&M's - Press additional M&M's into the tops of the cookies.
Bake - Bake for 12-13 minutes.
Cool - Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Cookie Variations
These egg-free peanut butter cookies can be made other mixins other than M&M's such as:
- chopped peanuts
- semisweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- Reese's Pieces
These cookies can also be made without any add-ins and made just like classic peanut butter cookies with the classic imprint on top of the cookies. To do this, use the tines of a fork to create a crisscross imprint on top of each cookie before baking.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Cookies
Spoon and level the flour - By scooping the flour directly out of the container or bag it will cause you to use up to 50% more flour than what the recipe actually needs.
To do the spoon and level method, fluff the flour and use a spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup. Using the back of a knife or the handle of the spoon, scrape off the excess flour.
Use the right peanut butter - For this recipe, regular creamy butter is used. Avoid using natural peanut butter because it lacks oil in the container and the oil in regular peanut butter will create a creamier cookie.
Let them sit - These Peanut Butter M&M Cookies will be very soft when they come out of the oven. Let them sit for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool. Touching them when they are hot out of the oven will cause them to crumble and fall apart. They need time to cool.
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup M&M's, plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the creamy peanut butter together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract. It will be thick.
- In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk to the peanut butter mixture and add half of the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and milk and combine until a soft cookie dough.
Stir in the M&M's.
- Scoop by one and half tablespoons or use a #40 cookie scoop and place them two inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Press additional M&M's into the tops of the cookies. Flatten the cookies out slightly.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
It's important to use the spoon and level method for these cookies to reduce the amount of flour that is used.
Avoid using all-natural peanut butter in these cookies as the lack of oil in the ingredients will make these cookies very dry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.