Deliciously moist and easy sour cream coffee chocolate chip coffee cake made with a cinnamon-sugar mixture and chocolate chips.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Homemade Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake is a great comfort dessert and it's perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert! The addition of chocolate chips really add a tasty sweet flavor to it and it makes it more of a dessert!
RELATED: Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Sour cream is moist and delicious and using sour cream creates a light and fluffy texture to baked goods.
I bake this coffee cake in a 9x13 dish and it makes 16 squares. This sour cream chocolate chip coffee cake is easy to make, too!
The first that to do is to blend together the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients separately. Once that is done, the cinnamon and sugar are mixed together and are set aside.
Half of the coffee cake batter is poured into a greased 9x13 baking dish and then topped with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Chocolate chips are then sprinkled onto the cinnamon-sugar mixture until half of the chocolate chips are remaining.
Use the remaining batter followed by the cinnamon-sugar mixture and the remainder of the chocolate chips.
It only takes 30 minutes in the oven to bake this coffee cake and it tastes wonderful warm.
- ½ cup butter, softened, unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cream together the unsalted butter and the granulated sugar.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and the sour cream.
- In a separate bowl blend together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and the cinnamon together for the topping.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and spread half of the cake batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar topping and half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat the layers of batter, cinnamon sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.