These mint chocolate cookies have a fudgy chewy texture and are topped with mint M&M’s. These cookies are fun for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Spring, and even Christmas.
The texture of these cookies is much like the center of a chewy gooey brownie. These cookies are soft and chocolaty with a minty crunch thanks to the candies topped on each cookie.
How do you make cookies soft and chewy?
Keep an eye on the baking time! If a soft and chewy cookie is what you’re going for, make sure that you don’t overbake them. The trick is to underbake the cookies so that they don’t become firm and crunchy.
Cookies continue to bake as they cool so keep that in mind when going for soft and chewy cookies.
The edges of the cookies should be a little firm and the center will still seem a little gooey.
What is in brownie cookies?
These mint chocolate cookies are also like brownie cookies. The ingredients are what you would expect in a brownie.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Semisweet chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Salted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Mint M&M Candies (or other seasonal M&M’s)
RELATED: Mint Chocolate Brownies
How to make Mint Chocolate Cookies
Prepare the oven– Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
Melt the chocolate- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate and allow it to cool. Alternately, you can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
Mix the wet ingredients- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. Next, beat in the granulated sugar, the cooled melted chocolate, and the unsweetened cocoa powder.
Beat the eggs in one at a time and then mix in the vanilla extract until combined.
Combine the dry ingredients- In a separate bowl, combine the spooned & leveled all-purpose flour together with the baking powder and salt.
Make the cookie dough- Slow mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Don’t over mix. Use a spoon or spatula to stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the cookie dough- Scoop by 2 tablespoons (or use a #30 cookie scoop) and place the balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet two inches apart.
Top with the M&M’s– Gently press the mint M&M’s (or other variety) into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
Bake the thick fudge cookies- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
Allow the cookies to cool- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
If desired, top with additional M&M’s when the cookies are fresh out of the oven.
Store these Mint Chocolate Cookies in an airtight container.
RELATED: Monster Cookie Bars
How to Make Holiday Chocolate Cookies
These chocolate cookies are very easy to change up for holidays, events, or other occasions. Pastel M&M’s can be used for spring-themed cookies, or red and green M&M’s can be used to make these M&M Chocolate Cookies for Christmas cookies.
The possibilities are endless for making these cookies fit any season and a great way to get kids interested in and have fun baking.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Mint M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Beat in the granulated sugar, the cooled melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs in as well as the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the spooned & leveled all-purpose flour together with the baking powder and salt.
- Slow mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Use a spoon or spatula to stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by 2 tablespoons (or use a #30 cookie scoop) and place the balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Top with the Mint M&M's.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Top with additional Mint M&M's if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.