Moist and delicious triple chocolate loaf topped with homemade chocolate drizzle.
This triple chocolate loaf has a chocolate base, chocolate chips, and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
These chocolate loaves have an abundance of chocolate flavor, perfect for lovers of chocolate.
With cocoa powder in the bread mixture, chocolate chips mixed throughout the bread loaves, and drizzled with a homemade chocolate drizzle – this recipe is full of chocolaty goodness!
This recipe makes two chocolate loaves and it can be frozen! However, whenever I make this recipe, I don’t have the chance to freeze it because it’s eaten too quickly.
This triple chocolate loaf bread is a quick bread recipe so there’s no need to proof any dough!
Simply combine the ingredients and pour them into greased loaf pans, and place the loaves in the oven to bake. It takes less than an hour to bake this delicious bread and once cooled, it’s drizzled with delicious homemade chocolate drizzle.
Making Chocolate Loaves
As mentioned before, it’s easy to make this recipe is just a few simple steps. The key to making this recipe successfully is to use room-temperature ingredients.
It allows the ingredients to blend together more smoothly and using room temperature eggs allows the bread to rise better and be airier and light. It also helps prevent any overbeating that may occur while mixing the ingredients together.
Sifting the dry ingredients together is another key to success because everything is mixed together well before being added to the mixture.
Homemade Chocolate Drizzle
Once the loaves are cool, a homemade chocolate drizzle can be added to the top of the loaves. If drizzled onto the loaves when they are hot, the drizzle with sink down into the chocolate loaves and will not harden on top.
Making the chocolate drizzle is simple using these ingredients and steps:
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp of half & half
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and stir in the chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate chips to melt and add the half & half. Once the ingredients have blended well, remove from the heat and stir in the confectioner’s sugar, breaking up any bits of powdered sugar that remains.
Stir in the vanilla extract and allow the sauce to cool down before drizzling on the cookies.
Piping chocolate drizzle makes drizzling the chocolate easier than using a fork or spoon. It’s certainly doable to use utensils but using piping bottles makes the process even easier!
The homemade chocolate drizzle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. This drizzle is made using half & half which reduces its shelf-life.
- 1 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, I use Imperial Sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ sticks butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in the sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients and beat on low. Don't overmix.
- Stir in the 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into one greased loaf pan and pour the remaining batter in the 2nd greased loaf pan. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes and check the center of the loaf with a toothpick to check for doneness.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Join in on the Scary Scramble Fun! Everyday there’s a new clue and a chance to win! You can play here!