This lemon oven roasted asparagus is a healthy, quick, and is an easy side dish. It’s also low carb and keto friendly!
Picking the Asparagus
For this recipe, I choose asparagus spears that are on the thinner side. I prefer my asparagus to be lightly roasted and tender. If you do choose to make this recipe with spears that are thicker, then adjust the roasted time by 2-3 minutes.
Quick and Easy Side Dish
Making this lemon oven roasted asparagus side dish is incredibly simple and quick to make. After washing and trimming the spears, toss together the ingredients and coat the asparagus.
Line them in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese if desired. To make this recipe vegan-friendly, simply leave out the Parmesan cheese – it’s that simple!
Serving Asparagus as a Side
Many dishes go well with a side of asparagus. It can be served with steak, chicken, fish such as salmon, or simply added into a salad for a vegan variety. Asparagus has an earthy green flavor so it pairs best with saltier foods as well as nuts.
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash and trim the asparagus spears.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, black pepper, salt, minced garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon.
- On an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, lay the asparagus spears in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of asparagus spears. Spears should be tender.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Frosted Cranberries
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: