I've been making this Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole for many years. It's perfect for potlucks and dinner parties and guests really enjoy it.
Perfect Dish to Bring
This dish is really easy to make and it uses simple and easy-to-find ingredients. The longest thing about making this dish is waiting for the potatoes to bake in the oven.
After the waiting is done, mixing everything together and placing it in the oven is a breeze. When I am taking this dish outside of the home, I buy disposable pans because they can just be thrown away after the event and because the aluminum bottoms keep the food nice and warm while traveling.
Make This Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole Quicker
If you don't want to take the extra hour's work to bake these potatoes, you can also boil them until they are soft. The flavors are a little different between baking and boiling- I prefer the baked version because it has more flavor but the ingredient list is the same!
If you're looking for a super quick dish to bring to a potluck event, check out these Easy Classic Deviled Eggs.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash and poke holes in 8 medium potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and remove from oven. Let the potatoes cool for about 5 minutes.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and spoon out the potato flesh.
- Mash in a medium-size bowl until broken up and stir in sour cream.
- Blend in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Stir in 1 piece of bacon that has been crumbled and place into casserole dish.
- Top dish off with remaining cheese, bacon, and chopped green onions.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.