This Instant Pot Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is wrapped in bacon and made in the Instant Pot. The chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spinach is wrapped in bacon and pressure cooked.
Instant Pot Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Making stuffed chicken breasts is really simple to do. Simply place the chicken flat on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice the chicken on one side from top to bottom.
Don't cut all the way through, you'll end up with two breasts. Open the chicken breast up and you'll have a butterflied chicken breast.
After combining the ingredients that you will stuff the breasts with, spread the mixture evenly on one side of the chicken breast. Fold the chicken back over and then wrap the chicken with a slice of bacon to hold the stuffed chicken breast closed.
Sauteing the Chicken Breast
After setting the Instant Pot to Saute and adding the oil for frying, add the chicken breasts one or two breasts at a time.
It's important to get your bacon browned now or else it will not have the crispy look or texture once it is done pressure cooking. Make sure the chicken is browned on all sides and browned evenly.
Deglazing the Pot
To avoid getting the dreaded, "Burn" notice on your Instant Pot, this is a very important step. Make sure to scrape the pot clean of any bits that may be stuck to the bottom.
If you have food stuck to the bottom of the pot, the Instant Pot will have trouble coming to pressure and you will get a burn notice. It's always important to deglaze your pot anytime you are using the Saute feature.
To make this recipe, I used the following accessories:
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and salt.
- Combine the paprika, ½ tsp salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken evenly.
- Butterfly fillet the chicken breasts and pound chicken out if necessary. (About ¼ inch thick
- Spread cheese mixture evenly on one side of the chicken breasts and fold over.
- Wrap one bacon slice around each breast in the center.
- Turn Instant Pot on saute.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil in pot and brown chicken breast well on both sides one or two breasts at a time.
- Set chicken aside and deglaze pot by scraping and pour 1 cup of water in the pot and press cancel.
- Place trivet inside the pot and stack the stuffed chicken breasts in the pot.
- Close the Instant Pot and set it to manual for 15 minutes.
- Allow NR for 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.