An Instant Pot whole Chicken made in rotisserie-style with rotisserie seasonings. Pressure cooked at only 6 minutes per pound!
Instant Pot Whole Chicken (Rotisserie-Style Chicken)
Making a rotisserie style has never been quicker with the Instant Pot! Instead of an hour and a half in a rotisserie cooker, this chicken is made in about 30 minutes!
I used a 5 lb chicken (approximately) and it was ready to carve in less than an hour! This chicken is made with all of the classic rotisserie-style seasonings so you get the same traditional flavors! I have found that using extra seasonings in the Instant Pot is well worth it because some of the flavors can escape while the pressure is releasing.
It's also important to allow the pressure cooker to naturally release by performing a quick release it will dry out the chicken.
Crispy Chicken Skin
If you want your skin to be on the crispy side, then you'll need to put it in the broiler. I usually set my oven to broil when the chicken is done pressure cooking and that way the oven is ready once the pressure has released.
I transfer the whole chicken using the trivet that came with the Instant Pot. CAREFUL! The trivet will be hot! I grab ahold of the handles with silicone baking mitts to prevent getting burned - they work well!
- Combine the seasonings and set them aside in a bowl. (Paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper)
- Gently lift the skin up from the breast of the chicken and baste with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Rub half of the spices under the skin and place the skin back on the chicken.
- Baste the remaining oil on the chicken and rub with the remainder of the seasonings.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside.
- Set the chicken down inside the pot on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and vent.
- Cook on MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK 6 minutes per pound. (5 lb chicken is pressure cooked for 30 minutes.)
- Allow the Instant Pot to Naturally Release for 15 minutes before removing. This will the chicken from being dry.
- Set the oven to BROIL.
- Place the chicken onto a baking sheet once it is done naturally releasing.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over top of the chicken.
- Broil for about 3- 5 minutes to make the skin crispy.
- Carve and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 963Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 371mgSodium: 1634mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 92g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.