Instant Pot Chili Mac is quick and easy to make and is a kid-friendly recipe.
This family favorite recipe for Chili Mac is made with simple ingredients and easy to follow directions. It’s a simple dump and start recipe that will save time in the kitchen and perfect for easy weeknight dinners.
Chili Mac Dinner
Life gets busy but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor or the lack of a home-cooked meal when running short on time. This Instant Pot Chili Mac is packed with veggies and delicious seasonings to make this meal complete.
It only takes a few minutes to make this meal and that begins with sautéing the ground beef before adding all of the other ingredients into the inner liner and pressure cooking for just 4 minutes.
To make this recipe even easier, you can substitute the chili seasoning mix in this recipe for packaged seasoning mix to save time.
Ingredients in Chili Mac
For the full list of ingredients and their measurements for this Instant Pot Chili Mac, refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Ground beef, lean (lean beef won’t need to be drained from the pot)
- Vegetables – tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, garlic cloves, and onion
- Chili seasoning (homemade) – chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Beef broth, low sodium
- Cheddar cheese
- Macaroni pasta
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, for garnishments
RELATED: Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
How to Make Chili Mac in the Instant Pot
This recipe is a dump and start recipe once the beef is sautéed and browned.
The Instant Pot to set to sauté and the brown beef and the minced garlic, chopped green pepper, and onion are added and cooked in the pot. I recommend using lean ground beef because there won’t be a need to drain any grease from the pot.
Once the beef is browned, the seasonings are added on top of the meat and the macaroni pasta is added into the pot.
The cans of chili with beans are added as well as the crushed tomatoes are added into the inner liner. It is important not to stir any of the food and to only layer it inside of the pot.
Beef broth is added on top of all the ingredients, once again not stirring or combining. The beef broth will create the pressure in the Instant Pot required to pressure cook.
The lid and vent is then closed on the pot and the time is set to 4 minutes pressure cooking time.
Once the four minutes is up, the pressure is carefully and intermittently released and the lid is removed. Always refer to your pressure cookers manual for how to safely operate the pot.
The cheddar cheese is added into the pot and stirred well to combine before serving.
What to Serve With Chili Mac
Chili Mac is a meal in itself but if you want to serve sides with this Instant Pot Chili Mac, there are quite a few options to choose from!
Cornbread is a great option and it’s kid-friendly or a side of veggies is a great option. Even corn on the cob is a fun and easy side option to pair with chili mac.
There are so many topping choices for chili mac including, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and avocado. Scallions are a classic topping for chili mac and well and gives the dish a pop of color.
If you want to add some heat to your bowl of chili mac, stir in your favorite hot sauce. There’s so any ways to get a bowl of chili mac.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 15 oz cans chili with beans
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- Homemade Chili Seasoning (or 1 seasoning packet)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz dry macaroni pasta
- Cheddar cheese, garnish
- Sour cream, garnish
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
Homemade Chili Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ground beef, minced garlic, and chopped pepper and onion.
- Drain any grease from the ground beef if necessary.
- Return the ingredients back to the pot.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on top of the beef mixture.
- Add the dry pasta.
- Layer the chili with beans and the crushed tomatoes.
- Top the pot off with the beef broth. DO NOT STIR.
- Ensure the pasta is submerged completely.
- Close the lid and vent and pressure cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Once the 4 minutes is up, carefully and intermittently release pressure. *
- Open the lid and stir in the cup of cheddar cheese and the corn.
- Serve with desired garnishments.
*Refer to your pressure cookers manual to learn how to safely perform pressure cooker functions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1312mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 39g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.