This Instant Pot No-Bean Chili is low carb and keto friendly. All of the wonderful flavors you would expect in a bowl of chili minus the beans.
Ready in less than 30 minutes and made with everyday pantry staples.
For this No-Bean chili, I use a homemade seasoning mix but if you prefer you can use a packaged variety to suit your taste.
This Instant Pot chili comes together with just a few ingredients plus the spices to make the seasoning mix.
This quick weeknight dinner pressure cooks for 10 minutes with a 10-minute natural pressure release. It takes less than 30 minutes to make this delicious low carb chili!
What Ingredients are in Instant Pot No-Bean Chili?
- Ground Beef - lean is best as it doesn't require you to drain the meat from the pot. If you want to switch out the ground beef for ground turkey, or ground chicken - no problem! Depending on what you use, you may need to drain the extra fat after browning the meat.
- Vegetables - onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomatoes. Diced tomatoes with green chilies are best for this recipe for added flavor.
- Beef broth - Cut the sodium by using a low-sodium variety.
- Seasonings and Spices - Chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. All wonderful spices to get that traditional chili flavor.
- Salt & Pepper
RELATED: Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
How to Make This Low Carb Chili in the Instant Pot
Making this no-bean chili in the Instant Pot is easy. The first step is to set the pressure cooker to sauté and brown the meat along with the onions and minced garlic. If you don't use lean meat then you will need to drain any excess fat and return the meat and onions back to the pot.
The next step is to add in the green pepper and to sprinkle the seasoning mix over the meat. Stir to combine the spices with the meat well.
Tomato sauce and the can of diced tomatoes with green chilies are added next.
Lastly, beef broth is then added and the lid is closed as well as the vent.
Pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes and then allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before removing the lid. From start to finish it takes less than 30 minutes to make this low carb chili.
Serve this no-bean chili with sour cream, shredded cheese, and scallions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Instant Pot Autumn Beef Stew
Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound ground beef, lean (can be substituted for other ground meat)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- shredded cheese, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- scallions, for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ground beef, minced garlic, and onions. Cook until browned.
- Drain meat if necessary.
- Add the diced green pepper.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and stir to coat the meat.
- Add in the beef broth, canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Serve with sour cream, scallions, and shredded cheese.
Refer to your pressure cooker's instructions to safely release pressure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 873mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.