Candied Pecans are great for snacking, topping on salads, and gifts.
These smooth and sweet pecans are toasted beforehand and are easy to make in under 15 minutes time.
This recipe doesn’t require using the oven and everything is done the stovetop. To add extra flavor to these pecans I always toast them before adding the glaze.
For toasted pecans, simply take 1 tbsp of butter and melt it over medium heat and add the pecans. Stir occasionally for about 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
It’s simple to toast nuts using this method, whether it be walnuts, peanuts, or almonds.
RELATED: Butter Pecan Cake
Sweet Candied Glaze
Brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla are the flavors that give these candied pecans a sweet and delicious flavor. Using a skillet on medium-low heat, combine the water, granulated sugar, brown sugar, water, and cinnamon.
Allow the mixture to simmer and start to bubble.
Once the mixture becomes bubbly, add the toasted pecans to the mixture and stir to coat well. Stir on medium-low for about 5 minutes.
Lay a piece of parchment paper out of the counter and spread the toasted candied pecans on parchment paper and allow them to cool completely before handling. Once they are cool, break the pecans apart and store them in an airtight container.
Candied Pecan Gifts
This nutty treat is easy to make and great to share as a gift for family and friends. Filling mason jars is a classic way of giving nuts as gifts and they’re easy to decorate with fabric scraps and festive ribbons.
Caramel Gingerbread Popcorn and Christmas White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn are other tasty treats to fill mason jars with – they’re also perfect as a movie time snack!
Candied Pecans are great for snacking, topping on salads, and gifts. These smooth and sweet pecans are easy to make and take under 15 minutes.
- 2 ¾ cup pecans, toasted
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp of the butter on medium-low heat and add the pecans.
- Stir the pecans and allow to cook for about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the pecans from the heat.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, water, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to bubble before adding the pecans.
- Stir the pecans into the mixture and allow to cook for about 3 minutes before removing from heat.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper and place it on the counter.
- Place the candied pecans on the parchment and spread them out.
- Allow them to cool. Once they are cool break them apart.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 11.9gSaturated Fat: 3.4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 27.4gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 26.1gProtein: 1.1g