This Caramel Gingerbread Popcorn is perfect as a gift or for a movie night treat.
The popcorn is caramelized with gingerbread spices and baked to add a crunch.
Caramel Gingerbread Crunch
Holidays are for sharing love, friendship, and delicious good treats. Sharing homebaked goods such as cookies, cupcakes, and quick bread, is a wonderful way to make people feel loved, cared for, and thought of.
Holidays are also for warm flavors such as vanilla, cinnamon, and gingerbread. Making homemade flavored popcorn is simple and tasty.
You can use either popcorn that’s popped in a bag, or popcorn kernels that you pop on the stove or in a popcorn maker.
Once the popcorn is popped, pour it all out into a large bowl making sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the brown sugar. Stir to mix well and allow the brown sugar to dissolve. Add the corn syrup and other spices to the mix, boil for about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides for any sugar that may be stuck to the sides of the skillet.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and baking soda. The baking soda is an important step because it aerates the caramel mixture and creates a softer texture for eating.
The mixture is poured over the popped popcorn and stirred to mix well.
On a greased cookie sheet, pour the coated popcorn and bake at 250° for 1 hour. Stir every 10 minutes to bake all sides evenly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing in gift bags or jars.
Gingerbread is a favorite flavor of Christmas and making this Caramel Gingerbread Popcorn as a gift is a wonderful way to share a homemade treat with friends or family.
This easy recipe for Brown Butter Chocolate Fudge is a quick and easy treat to make as a gift as well!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a soft and chewy cookie perfect for the Holidays. This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies making it perfect to add into cookie boxes or give in a cookie exchange.
With a pop of red and green color, these super-soft chocolate chip cookies are a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen and they make great classroom treats.
Snickerdoodle Cookies are a classic cookie that has a chewy center and always welcome at Christmas parties.
A tasty and fun spin on a classic cookie is these Brown Butter Sugar Cookies made with browned butter. They have a wonderful nutty flavor with flavors of cinnamon.
Deliciously easy cookies such as the Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies come together within minutes and kids love them!
- Preheat oven to 250° and grease a large baking sheet.
- Pop 10 cups of popcorn (2-3 bags of popcorn) and add to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, melt the ½ cup of butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and allow it to dissolve.
- Add in the light corn syrup, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the skillet occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add in the baking soda and the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat well.
- Spread the popcorn mixture on the greased baking sheet and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Stir the popcorn every 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g