These Blackened Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo are made with fresh chicken breasts and fresh ingredients to make the pineapple pico de gallo.
Flavorful Blackened Chicken Tacos
I absolutely love blackened chicken and I recently went to a restaurant where it was served in a tortilla. I decided to recreate the tacos and I’m so glad that I did.
They are much more flavorful and moist than the ones I had in the restaurant and they were so delicious. The pineapple pico de gallo balances the heat of the blackened chicken and it compliments the flavors well.
Related: Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Pineapple Pico de Gallo
These blackened chicken tacos are topped with delicious and fresh pineapple pico de gallo. It tastes amazing topped on the blackened chicken and can also be served with a side of tortilla chips.
It’s best to make this the pico de gallo when you’re ready to eat it to ensure maximum freshness and to have the crisp texture of the fresh veggies. It’s best to serve the pico with a little bit of the juice spread on your tacos to make them moist. Since this recipe doesn’t have a sauce to add to it, it helps make the blackened chicken tacos moister and not dry.
RELATED: Blackened Chicken and Bean Salsa
Making Blackened Chicken
You don’t need a cast-iron skillet to make blackened chicken! If you don’t have one, use a skillet that has a heavy bottom to it and can withstand high heat on the stovetop.
It’s important to get the skillet really hot in order to sear the spices onto the chicken. This will maximize the flavors of the chicken and give it that crunch that blackened chicken has.
It only takes 30 seconds on each side of the chicken breasts and it’s finished in the oven. That way, your blackened chicken comes out moist and not dry.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Pound chicken breasts if need to thin them.
- In a small bowl, add together the paprika, salt, cayenne, dried thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or a thick bottomed skillet on the stove on high heat. Let it heat for about 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter and dip each side of the chicken breasts into the butter and cover well.
- Sprinkle the spices on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Once skillet is hot, sear each side of the chicken breasts for 30 seconds.
- Lay the seared chicken breasts on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Pineapple Pico de Gallo according to directions.
- After the chicken breasts are done cooking, take them out of the oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep the moisture in. Allow about 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into small strips and fill the warmed tortilla shells.
- Top with pineapple pico de gallo and serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: