This filling and flavorful beef stew is made in the Instant Pot. It’s done and ready to serve in less than an hour!
Instant Pot Beef Stew
This stew is incredibly easy to make and it’s perfect for chilly days because it really warms you up. This soup has thickened broth so it’s not only comforting but it’s also filling enough to be a complete meal.
It also tastes great with some buttered bread or crackers.
Vegetable Beef Stew
This beef stew is made with over 3 cups of delicious and flavorful veggies. It is made with potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion.
It only takes 35 minutes to cook this stew so it’s a great meal option for busy weeknights. It also freezes well!
- 4 lb. chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and add in the 2 tbsp of oil.
- Saute the chuck roast chunks until browned on all sides. Brown the meat in batches so that you don't overload the pot.
- Deglaze pot by scraping the inside for any beef bits that may have stuck during the saute.
- Add in the chopped veggies, followed by the seasonings.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL for 35 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, allow to NR (Natural Release) for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- In a small bowl, add together the 2 tbsp of cornstarch and the 2 tbsp of water to create a slurry.
- Add to the beef stew after the NR has been done and combine well. The sauce will thicken.
Add Salt and Pepper to taste when serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: