Deliciously moist with flavors of vanilla and lemon 7up lemon pound cake. Made with boxed cake mix and other pantry staples.
This lemon cake comes together quickly in a bundt pan and it’s sure to be a family favorite! It also only uses 7 ingredients!
Bundt Pound Cake
This lemon cake recipe is made using a 10 cup bundt pan. When baking with bundt pans it’s important to grease and flour them well, even though they are non-stick!
It’s also important to allow this lemon cake to completely cool before inverting it onto a plate. Now, I must admit, I am incredibly guilty of this and at least 50 percent of the time don’t follow this important step.
The end result is a bundt cake that has stuck to the inside of the pan, most likely towards the top of the pan.
With that being said, I do recommend waiting the cooling period out which takes at least an hour.
Whether you have patience or are hasty, make sure the cake is cool before adding the lemon glaze. The glaze with sink down into the cake if it is warm!
RELATED: Apple Crumb Coffee Cake
Easy 7up Lemon Pound Cake Pantry Recipe
This 7up lemon pound cake only uses 7 ingredients to make and they’re most likely in your pantry! Using a boxed yellow cake mix for this recipe takes out the extra steps of needing to add baking soda, sugar, and flour and it’s a great and tasty way of making something different with a boxed cake mix.
With a few small additions of lemon instant pudding mix, vanilla extract, and 7-Up lemon-lime soda, this cake comes together to a deliciously moist and lemony cake.
The glaze for this recipe only uses 3 ingredients and it has lots of flavor! Confectioner’s sugar, lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice blends together into a smooth and flavorful glaze that is perfect for this 7up Lemon Pound Cake!
RELATED: Lemon Poke Cake
Ingredients in 7up Lemon Pound Cake
- Boxed yellow cake mix
- Lemon pudding mix
- 7up or other lemon lime soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Lemon juice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg lemon pudding mix
- ¾ cup 7up, or other lemon lime soda
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon Soda Glaze
- 1 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp 7up, or other lemon-lime soda
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and the lemon lime soda.
- Beat in the yellow cake mix and the lemon pudding powder mix.
- Don't overbeat, mix until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Check with a toothpick in the center of the cake for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before inverting onto a plate.
Lemon Soda Glaze
- Add 1 ½ cups of confectioner's sugar to a small bowl.
- Add in the 1 tbsp of lemon juice and the 1-2 tbsp of lemon-lime soda.
- Mix well until all lumps are gone and the glaze is smooth.
- Pour over completely cool cake and serve.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 15.2gSaturated Fat: 2.9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 55.9gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 37.8gProtein: 2.8g