Moist and delicious blueberry pound cake made with yogurt and drizzled with lemon glaze.
Perfect for a fruity dessert and great for brunch.
Moist and Delicious Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
This pound cake is creamed with vanilla yogurt which enhances the moist texture and the flavor of blueberries in this recipe.
Traditionally, sour cream is used but by using the yogurt, the amount of fat is decreased by using yogurt in place of the sour cream.
Fresh vs. Frozen Blueberries
When using fresh blueberries, they are washed as they normally would be and then patted dry. Then, they are tossed in flour so that once added to the cake mixture they don’t sink!
If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, or just prefer the frozen, the process is fairly similar.
With frozen blueberries, keep them frozen. This prevents them from getting mushy in the batter. Since frozen blueberries are already washed, you can skip this step and toss them in flour just as you would for fresh blueberries.
Preparing the Bundt Pan
When preparing the pan, it’s important not to skip these steps:
- Grease the bundt pan – Make sure to use vegetable oil or shortening to grease the pan. Using a cooking spray can prevent the batter from rising fully as it becomes too slippery.
- Flour the bundt pan– Add flour to the bundt pan and make sure to cover all the areas of inside. This prevents the batter from sticking during baking and it makes it easy to remove.
Take Care in Making the Batter
When biting into a pound cake, you expect a dense and moist cake on the inside with a firm, almost crunchy texture on the outside.
Here are a few tricks in helping you achieve a delicious and moist pound cake:
- Use room temperature ingredients – Using room temperature ingredients aids in the prevention of overbeating the ingredients when blending them.
- Add eggs one at a time – By adding eggs one at a time and beating until just combined it helps prevent overbeating the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time – This is really important to get that desired moist texture in a pound cake.
- Keep the door closed while baking – If you want your cake to rise to its full potential, keep the door closed until it’s time to check to see if the cake is done.
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened, unsalted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease and flour a 6 cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter, vanilla, granulated sugar, and the softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Wash and pat dry 2 cups of blueberries.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the all-purpose flour to the blueberries and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, add the remaining flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
- Slowly add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture, careful not to overbeat.
- Add in half of the container of vanilla yogurt and beat until mixed in.
- Add the remaining flour and the remaining yogurt.
- Beat until mixed, and add in the 2 tsp of lemon juice. Be careful not to overmix, small lumps are okay.
- Using a spoon, blend in the 2 cups of floured blueberries.
- Spoon the pound cake mixture into a greased and floured bundt cake pan, and evenly spread the mixture out.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes and check with a toothpick in the middle of the cake to check for doneness. Increase the time by 5 minutes if it is still wet, then check again.
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar together with the 4 teaspoons of lemon juice until creamy and smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 6g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: