Strawberry Cheesecake Sweetheart Truffles Recipe (Video Tutorial)
Truffles may be an easy dessert to make but they’re very pleasing to the eye and make a wonderful gift for any occasion. I especially like to make a big batch of truffles to give for Valentine’s Day to loved ones, friends, teachers, and co-workers. It’s easy to change the color of the white chocolate so they’re also great for St. Patty’s Day, Easter, etc. 🙂 Make sure to check out the Strawberry Cheesecake Sweetheart Truffles Recipe (Video Tutorial) below.
Gifting these is very simple. You can put them on a small saucer or decorative cardboard and wrap with gifting cellophane. You can make gift box yourself and place the truffles inside with tissue paper. Check out my Make Your Own DIY Gift Box tutorial here. You could also buy heart-shaped containers and place the truffles inside.
Check Out the Strawberry Cheesecake Sweetheart Truffles Recipe (Video Tutorial) Here:
The trick to getting a smooth coating to truffles is to add shortening to the melted chocolate. It thins the chocolate and makes it so much easier to dip and shake excess off. It also gives it a nice sheen.
Click the links below to be directed to my other truffle recipes.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
For the truffles
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese frosting
For the coating
- 16 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup red sprinkles
For truffle mix
- Prepare cake mix as directed, let cool.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cool, roll cake mix into equal sized balls.
- Melt white chocolate and shortening today and stir well.
- Dip balls into chocolate mixture and set aside to harden.
- Once cool, drizzle white chocolate on tops of truffles and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers
- Repeat white chocolate drizzle and garnish with red sprinkles.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g